Ice Transducer issues

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
So I pulled my Lowrance Mark 4 off my 14ft'er and ordered an ice ducer for it from Reed's a month or so ago. Thought I would team it up with my Vex so my better half would have something when she is with. Compare notes and check out how they might be the same and how they may be different. At any rate,
the Lowrance ducer keeps shutting down shortly after turning it on(worked well with the boat). I have changed 12v batteries, checked battery connections, changed out the 3amp flat inline fuse, and checked the ducer connection to the Mark 4.(no pins seem to be bent or broken-6 of them). Before I try to track down my sales receipt for this and call Reed's, is there something else I am missing that might be the issue? The ducer I got is the PTI WSU. I am thinking it might be the female connecter port on the ducer that may be defective or not seating correctly.
Thoughts??
Thanks as always!!!!!!!!!

Auggie

Founding Member
Founding Member
By shutting down do you mean, it's not working on the screen or have you put the transducer up to your ear to hear it click?

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
It turns off. Sometimes LOWRANCE appears as soon as I turn it on, then it goes blank. On another occasion it actually was working momentarily and then went blank.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
doesn't to me seem that would be the transducer causing this issue.

NM 24

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's not a Lowrance Mark 4 HDI by any chance is it...? I would think the Mark 4 HDI may take a different ice transducer than the PTI WSU...

The Mark 4s (other than the Mark 4 HDI) appear to take the 'uni-plug' in which the power cord and transducer cord are combined into the same 'uni-plug' which would appear be the PTI WSU ice transducer...

I am no Lowrance expert by any measure though...

I have experienced similar issue(s) with other units which was found to be due to low power or a poor power/ground connection...

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's not a Lowrance Mark 4 HDI by any chance is it...? I would think the Mark 4 HDI may take a different ice transducer than the PTI WSU...

The Mark 4s (other than the Mark 4 HDI) appear to take the 'uni-plug' in which the power cord and transducer cord are combined into the same 'uni-plug' which would appear be the PTI WSU ice transducer...

I am no Lowrance expert by any measure though...

I have experienced similar issue(s) with other units which was found to be due to low power or a poor power/ground connection...

Yeah..mine is just a Mark 4 and fairly sure I have the right one. the PTI WSU. It is the one that takes the female connector(uniplug) that is black in color. I think the other one is blue for the other types...the HDI. The 6 pins on my unit match up with the 6 holes on the ice ducer unit. Now that I have looked at the female connecter(uniplug) again..4 of the holes have like a black coating..rubber perhaps..and the other 2 don't have that coating... Hummm.. maybe that's the issue. Or not??? I am calling Reed's to send back and get a new one at any rate. It HAS to be with that UNIPLUG. I THINK I have tried everything else.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 80