Devils lake

Biglunch

Founding Member
Founding Member
My brother and I plan to fish devils lake the 29 30 31 of January. We have never fished it before. Any one care to point us in the right direction. Its a big lake and don't even know where to start. We have a sleeper house so plan to stay on the lake. If your from the area and will be on the lake that weekend I can pay for your services with beer and jalapeno cheddar sausage. Thanks in advance feel free to PM

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
My brother and I plan to fish devils lake the 29 30 31 of January. We have never fished it before. Any one care to point us in the right direction.

I see you're from Jamestown. Head N out of town on 281. If you get to Minnewauken and haven't seen it yet, look to your right, that's the lake.

Biglunch

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks but I was in hopes to only take gravel

- - - Updated - - -

and isn't devils lake to the south of Jamestown :::

Auggie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'd put the sleeper in Creel Bay in the Military Point or Rocky Point area. You should catch some walleyes in the morning and evening. Plus you're only a mile or from Woodland. During the day, I'd head east and drill like crazy to find the perch. Don't be afraid to fish 45ft deep.

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would check with the Chamber of Commerce. They would be a good resource for you as far as local plowed access points if we get a ton of snow which might hamper hauling a sleeper out...might or might not but they could be a good resource. As far as bait and tackle, Ed's is just south of town...year round fish cleaning station is located there so that location comes in handy as they sell refreshments also. Another bait/tackle spot is Home of Economy on east edge of town and Pete's place across from new Walmart on east edge. Pete's usually has his tackle shop stocked pretty good. As far as where to go on the lake, well, bait shops are a good resource as well but at the end of the day, it probably will come down to how much work you put in trying to find the bite.
The weekend you say you are coming is the annual City Volunteer Fire Department fishing tourney held on 6 mile bay. If you are fishing in that..and you haven't done that before..get there early as traffic gets hectic the closer it gets to the 1pm Saturday start time.
We shall see if we have enough ice for you to bring your wheeled house out on the big lake. If that isn't an option there are a number of smaller lakes in the area that would be an option.
Good luck in your search of fish and please don't leave a mess on the lake when you leave.
Good Fishing!

Biglunch

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would check with the Chamber of Commerce. They would be a good resource for you as far as local plowed access points if we get a ton of snow which might hamper hauling a sleeper out...might or might not but they could be a good resource. As far as bait and tackle, Ed's is just south of town...year round fish cleaning station is located there so that location comes in handy as they sell refreshments also. Another bait/tackle spot is Home of Economy on east edge of town and Pete's place across from new Walmart on east edge. Pete's usually has his tackle shop stocked pretty good. As far as where to go on the lake, well, bait shops are a good resource as well but at the end of the day, it probably will come down to how much work you put in trying to find the bite.
The weekend you say you are coming is the annual City Volunteer Fire Department fishing tourney held on 6 mile bay. If you are fishing in that..and you haven't done that before..get there early as traffic gets hectic the closer it gets to the 1pm Saturday start time.
We shall see if we have enough ice for you to bring your wheeled house out on the big lake. If that isn't an option there are a number of smaller lakes in the area that would be an option.
Good luck in your search of fish and please don't leave a mess on the lake when you leave.
Good Fishing!

Thanks 3roosters.

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
Never ice fished Devils before. Does a guy find walleyes under the ice in the same places he found them in the summer?

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
when you drill a hole do the fresh water shrimp still seem to come bubbling up?
Been 15+ years since I drilled holes over on black tiger bay, and it seemed like the shrimp were abundant.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
not so much this year. from what i hear anyway. which should bode well for perch fishing when i finally get out and decide to got that route.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 100
  • This month: 99
  • This month: 90
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 62