Best place to buy arrows

Srputz

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just wondering where you guys buy your arrows at. I need to pick up a few.
Thanks in advance.

dust in the wind

Founding Member
Founding Member
depends on what you are looking for. One brand i shoot, I cannot buy in town and have to order them online. I went direct to the mfg at the time.

I have purchased arrows from eders.com before and didn't have any problems.

I have also heard that Jerry with south shore archery supply does a real good job with arrows.

Srputz

Founding Member
Founding Member
I shoot bemans 340 now. I'm open to suggestions. I can't complaign about them just looking for a reasonably priced arrow.

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
I started building my own. Order from Lancaster Archery. You can get whole arrows too.

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
I shoot the scheels arrows. Never had a problem and they shoot good. Its also nice when u lose one u don't spend 30 min looking for one cause they are cheap.

Sub_Elect

Founding Member
Founding Member
I buy mine at Scheels. I used to be brand specific, but now when I get down to 5 or so they become either backup arrows or give aways. It depends if they are what Im going to buy again.

ndbwhunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ebay is going to be your best bet if you're looking for good arrows at reasonable prices. Scheels does carry some good arrows, but you can find them online for a fraction of the price. I got lucky and found a dozen gold tip kinetic kaos at scheels on discount. That likely won't happen again, so I'll be going on ebay next time.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I get most of my arrows off of ebay. Sometimes camo fire will have easton axis on sale. Typically after I've just bought a dozen.

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
When you guys buy on Ebay, is it from stores that cut the arrows for you pre-shipment? Or do you have to have them cut once you receive them?

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I take them to scheels and have them cut and inserts placed. I'll probably do it myself now that I have a dremel but they'll do it for free.

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
Do you have a jig for your dremel? I'm pretty particular for the arrows to be cut straight.

ndbwhunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I take them to scheels and have them cut and inserts placed. I'll probably do it myself now that I have a dremel but they'll do it for free.

This....except for the dremel part. I wouldn't trust myself cutting arrows by hand like that. I would cut my own if I had a designated arrow saw though. They aren't cheap to buy, but they can be built for a reasonable price.

dust in the wind

Founding Member
Founding Member
When you guys buy on Ebay, is it from stores that cut the arrows for you pre-shipment? Or do you have to have them cut once you receive them?

I haven't bought them on ebay (never thought about looking there) but I have my own arrow saw and build my own.

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
That's why I order from Lancaster. Costs a quarter more per arrow but they send them to me at the exact length I want. I could build an arrow saw but, how long would it be before it payed for itself? Meh.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Do you have a jig for your dremel? I'm pretty particular for the arrows to be cut straight.

I don't have one yet but they are very simple to build. I usually get them cut a 1/16" longer so I can run that end on a piece of sand paper. Broadheads seem to seat better than just screwing them in after cutting them. Another area to not have to worry about when tuning. I still spin test but it only takes a second.

dust in the wind

Founding Member
Founding Member
That's why I order from Lancaster. Costs a quarter more per arrow but they send them to me at the exact length I want. I could build an arrow saw but, how long would it be before it payed for itself? Meh.

Because I will cut them a little longer than necessary and work my way down to the length the bow likes. I'm not going to go running to scheels or whoever to cut an arrow every time.

Srputz

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was on Lancaster archery website, lots of good stuff there

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
My arrows hit $160 a dozen so this thread is very interesting to me. I bought some others locally for $99 and they shoot just as good. I think I'm going to give Scheels a try. Thanks for all the info guys. Going to check out Lancaster as soon as I get off here.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 100
  • This month: 99
  • This month: 90
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 62