Irvine conditions?

gatorbaiter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Taking some friends out tomorrow to Irvine for some pike fishing. Are people driving on there yet? Can you get around on ATV's or is the snow too deep?

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
ATV or snowmobile. I wouldn't drive a vehicle yet..that's just me though. Check the thickness when you get there and make your own decision.

Brandon

Founding Member
Founding Member
We fished it on the 23rd, people were driving trucks along the edges but I would NOT recommend it. We traveled with a utv and found a lot of slush. Pike fishing was good.

fnznfwl

Founding Member
Founding Member
We ran into some serious slush pockets while out on sleds last weekend. One or two may or may not have been more than slush pockets

Some of the guys running around there in snobears and UTV's have bigger stones than I do.

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
We ran into some serious slush pockets while out on sleds last weekend. One or two may or may not have been more than slush pockets

Some of the guys running around there in snobears and UTV's have bigger stones than I do.

Agreed times 100:;:thumbsup I talked to a guy with a snobear on Alice....it is like...hey..its a snobear..they can go anywhere. yeah right...keep on testing that thing to make sure it floats buddy..go right ahead..kinda of a dufus to spend that kind of cash to test shaky ice conditions IMHO.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I got another awesome year end bonus - how much are them there sno-bears?

New - I don't want somebody else's used BS.

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
a sno bear weights 3500lbs dry with tracks there lbs per sq in would be pretty good, but I wouldn't to drop one through or get it into a big slush pocket. unstudded tracks don't do well on slush covered ice.

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
Seen guys driving onto Alice with 3/4 ton pickups yesterday. I was worried for them.

You can get around on atv. There is snow but it has blown off enough to where atv's get around fine.

Im headed that way again this morning :)

Journey

Founding Member
Founding Member
Need a 40-50 mph wind to clean snow off the lakes so all the bad ice would be more visible.

BotnoJoe

Founding Member
Founding Member
me and my dad will be out there Saturday. Stop for a beer if u happen to see us Vollmer

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fishing must be good there as everyone is going there!! V are you fishing with Buffy?

Bird Brain

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fishing is fair on Irvine. I was disappointed with all the trash left in the field where everyone is parking on the north end of Alice. My buddy and I picked up 2 pails full of cans, bottles, chip bags, and other trash. I know we didn't get it all as it was dark. I am sure the farmer will be really impressed next spring when the snow melts.

It doesn't take much to haul the trash home with us gang. Let's leave the lake and parking areas cleaner than when we came.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 118
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 69