best pop up fish house?

tman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thinking about getting a pop fish house have been eyeing the Eskimo fatfish 949i and the otter lodge just wanting to hear your guys opinions on what is the best pop up on the market

FishReaper

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have the 949I and love it. Easy to set up, Eskimo anchors are great, It stays warm. I love the room, you can fish 3 easy and 4 is even ok.
My only complaint is in a strong wind i did not have enough anchors and ropes to stop the hubs from popping, this year i have extras.
I know spear guys love the black interior
I also like the replaceable windows

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
insulated is a must, I don't own one, but when I upgrade it will be insulated.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
i have the clam and the eskimo you it is no comparison the eskimo is twice the shelter and i really like it. i bought the adjustable bunge straps for hooking it to the anchors and they are the cats ass enough give so it wont tear and tough enough they wont pop in.

smartstraps-4-ft-rubber-core-steel-hook-bungee-cord_2069620.jpg

Mike Fretty

Founding Member
Founding Member
Another vote 4 the fat fish. Def anchor no matter ehat, even if isn't windy. Replaced a hub and rod, parts were cheap to buy and shipped fast

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
i have the clam and the eskimo you it is no comparison the eskimo is twice the shelter and i really like it. i bought the adjustable bunge straps for hooking it to the anchors and they are the cats ass enough give so it wont tear and tough enough they wont pop in.

smartstraps-4-ft-rubber-core-steel-hook-bungee-cord_2069620.jpg

that picture just gave me a warm tingle up my leg

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
my first outing with a 949i last year one of the hub rods popped out of the webbing on the bottom where rods meet ice - about the same time that dirty set the hook on what would have been wag's slob perch

Eskimo sent me a replacement the next week

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have the 949I and really do like it as well. Easy to put up and take down even by yourself.
On really windy days screw in the tabs on the bottom corners of the windy side along with anchoring the hubs and you'll be fine.

gr8outdoors

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have Eskimo 6120 and is able to be set up in minutes. Definitely want to anchor it every time as mentioned. Nothing worse than having sides pop in if wind picks up and scare the shit out of you when trying to get that fish to bite that's on the vex. Very easy to set up with 1 person.

sdwxman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a new 949i and fished with it 3 times so far this season.

So far I love it. We fished 3 guys easily in it yesterday. Very comfy and warm. A quality product and a great price. We moved around a lot as well, broke it down and popped it back up 3 times yesterday. So far I give it 2 strong thumbs up. Only issue I can see is when its super windy, but most shacks have wind issues when its really bad.

ND_ice_angler

Founding Member
Founding Member
Go Eskimo- you can't beat their customer service. I have a quickfish 3i and love it, buddy has a 949i and likes it.

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have the clam bigfoot 4000. I only use it a few times each year. usually when I take the kids out and need extra space. really like it but the anchors suck. I bought the adapter to use the cordless drill to install them. I like Guys idea of using a bit brace. If anyone has an old one lying around collecting dust I will take it off your hands for ya...

what ever you get, make sure it is thermal.

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a clam insulated and when it dies I will be replacing with an Eskimo. It's not a very warm house leaks air if there is a wind.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74