Ndsu 5 straight?

Feildhunter701

Founding Member
Founding Member
Any predictions on the game on the 9th? Who all is going to frisco Tx? I hope Wentz gets to start.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
Will be tough. I give em about a 68% chance of winning. They should not start Wentz even if he can play imo

mmanske

Founding Member
Founding Member
That is also my opinion let stick get the start he has had an awesome season so far and if need be put wentz in. It can't hurt having one of the best qb's in the nation as a back up can it?

Auggie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Can't make it this year with the twins on their way. Bought my parents game tickets for Christmas. Play Wentz, he lost the start because of injury, not performance. Carson throws better than Easton and if Polsak called plays for Wentz like Stick, the running game would have been just as good. It seems that they forget Wentz is part gazelle.

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
Start Stick and go from there, who knows it might take a couple trick plays and wildcats to win this one with a kicker that can't make anything past 30yrds. I'm not sure about score but I would say it will end up 3 points one way or the other.
I'm going to do my part and smoke a brisket again for the 5th year since it has been on our menu the past 4 years for the game (it's only weird if it doesn't work)

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
From a "game conditioning" standpoint, I don't think I could start Wentz. Can't have the O leader out there testing how well he's healed in the championship game when he hasn't taken a game-time snap in ~2Mo. He's a leader, he's been "there" before, he's an amazingly gifted athlete, he'd garner some unbelievable excitement and more importantly NOISE from the fans, and I still don't think I could start him. It's got nothing to do with how well his replacement has played or who's earned what, it's simply an untested injury and the lack of having to make plays and decisions at the speed of playoff football. If his injury has healed such that he's cleared to play, I'd certainly have him in pads on the sidelines though.

Ugly Dogs

Founding Member
Founding Member
If Wentz can go, you start him. There is a lot to be said for leadership in a game like this. I think Stick has played great this year, and I would still have a package for him to come into the game to help keep the Defense off balanced. As for the game, this is going to be NDSU biggest challenge yet, Jacksonville St. is a very scary team with a great offense. They are going to go after the CB's hard.

FishReaper

Founding Member
Founding Member
This game will come down to our Defense. If it plays as well as it has the last few games I think we are in good shape and have decent chance of taking it home. But Jacksonville has a great offence and our boys will have to give everything they have on that field

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would say it comes down do the D line. Whoever stops the run and make the other team one sided will win.

FightingSioux

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you start Wentz you better be willing to pull him after the first few unproductive drives. I really see no reason to start him when stick has been tearing it up all year. Make Wentz ride the bench and if stick chokes then put him in. This may be one of the toughest title games for the thundering turd. Try not to ruin the nice grass on that soccer field!

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
If the Bison play very well and no turnovers, they should win.
If they turn the ball over they will lose.
CB's will have their toughest game by far. Don't think they can match up to jacksonville State. Sure hope i am wrong about this.

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Should be a great game. Jacksonville State has a great offense but a suspect defense. Bison need to play some great defense, shut down their run game then get after the QB. Offense needs to sustain drives and have no turnovers. I wouldn't try a field goal beyond 40 yards. Might as well go for it or try to pin them inside the 5. If Wentz is cleared he should start. The oline, running game and defense have improved a ton since he was playing. Stick is a great runner and decent passer but no where near Wentz caliber. That's not a knock on him just a fact. Kids just a rFr he will only get better over the next 3 years!

westwolfone

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bison by 4. Give them a slight edge since being in Frisco is almost like a home game to them. That and the Eastern teams always seem to be overrated.

Jacksonville has a good offense, but they have to stop NDSU too. Whoever brings the
running game and defense usually wins these close type of matchups.

Feildhunter701

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wentz is a lot better athlete. It might come down to take away/ give away. They always say defense wins championships. They bision defense looked crazy good against uni.

Ristorapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wentz won't even dress in my opinion (inside track). He will of course be on the sidelines. This will give Stick all the confidence in the world and give the Bison a boost to just, just maybe get over the hump. Bison in a TIGHT one.

Guess I was wrong on this one. Hope he plays real well (no rust) and is in playing condition. Bison by 4. Conditioning again will show its face in the 4th quarter...Pound the ball(control the clock and keep their opponents off the field) and play a ton of defense.

Last edited:

gr8outdoors

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just think, if they win this one, they could possibly win a couple more. They are a young team with a pretty damn good QB starting the next few years.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
If the other team gets ahead more than 14 pts wentz is in (inside source hell that is what coach said on interview with heitkamp)

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 153
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 79