Humminbird Auto Chart

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyone have this program. I just spent some time looking at some videos of it and I want it. Really bad. Really Really Bad.

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
Do you have to do a lot of cross sectioning in your boat for those to pan out? On the river i could see it being awesome. On a big lake im not sure ...

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah i think you'll need to make a few special trips just to graph the section of water you want to fish. But to have contours that no one else has would be awesome. Especially on the river. I've been to scheels 4 times in the last week so I might have to let the card cool down for a while.

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
for the sloughs that don't have maps. it would give a guy a big advantage. I fear the Missouri changes too much for this to be real effective. maybe not?

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
yea I think the river would change too much. I know the mississipppi changed a lot in just a couple weeks time.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had the same thoughts on the river as well. But running out and redoing it wouldn't take much time. At least you'd be able to find some holes that you didn't previously know existed. The sloughs would be a game changer.

Captainbrad

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have Autochart Pro but have not spent much time with it. I know it makes unreal maps as you wish. The reason I have not used it much is the ONIX received an update last year for AutoChart Live. Live does not give you the clean map that Pro does but it makes maps in real time and color codes the holes and shallow spots. It also has contour lines. I use this instead for mapping the Red River because I can map out a section while fishing and be able to use it right then. As far as depths I really don't care because the Red can fluctuate as much as 20 feet so just knowing the holes and structure is all I need. Huge advancement for me and my fishing.

You should totally buy it.

Attachments

snp1021150243.jpg snp0928154736.jpg snp0820144138.jpg

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 102
  • This month: 99
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 77