Bobber stops on fluorocarbon

FightingSioux

Founding Member
Founding Member
What do you guys use for fluorocarbon lines ? When i use a traditional bobber stop and tighten it down to prevent it moving when catching a fish the line tends to warp when moving the stop up or down. I'm sure this is weakening my line but right now I don't have a choice. I could leave it loose and re set it after every fish or cut my line when moving it up or down 10'.

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
Try leaving it a little looser or try the little rubber stops that they have. I run mono on my bobber rods so I don't have that problem much.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Best solution using fluorocarbon ice fishing is to just use it as a dropper line,depending on how long your ice rod is start with 16"'s of fluro attached to your main line.Just a thought,no need to spool your entire reel with fluro.

NDbowman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I use a plastic bobber stop that is similar to a dog bone type bobber stop. I don't remember the brand of mine as I ordered them from Cabelas years ago and there is like 100 in a pack so I'm good for life. They work well with fluorocarbon and mono but no so well with braid. They are a small piece of plastic about 1/4 to 1/2 inch long with 4 holes that you thread the line through and a bead below the stop. Just to hard to thread braid through those small holes. Easy to adjust by just sliding up or down the line and doesnt' slip very easily if it hangs up on the edge of the hole.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75