Chicken Drummies

MossyMO

Founding Member
Founding Member
[FONT=&quot]My wife and I did chicken drummies seasoned with Buffalo Wing seasoning cooked indirect around the Vortex on the Jumbo Joe and smoked with cherry wood chunks.

-----

-----

-----

Had a few that would not fit on the first round so on round two we also added Big K'z Glaze at the end of the cook. For our hot wing preference the Buffalo Wing seasoning is perfect without sauce, but with Big K'z Glaze wow does it kick up the heat and bring a whole new flavor!

-----

Thanks for looking![/FONT]

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well those look ICKY!!!!!!!!!!!! So much so, that I might have to make the pic second from the bottom, my screen saver.

Frosty....

Founding Member
Founding Member
Oh man, those look amazing! Well done as always Mossy!

huntorride365

Founding Member
Founding Member
Do you brine your wings? Does it pay? I have in the past, not sure it is worth the effort. Looks real good as always.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I like Jim Beam's wing sauce the best.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Stop it SDMF!!! Beam Wings on the Egg with some barley beverages...................Between you an Mossy, I NEED A BIB!!!!!!!

MossyMO

Founding Member
Founding Member
Do you brine your wings? Does it pay? I have in the past, not sure it is worth the effort. Looks real good as always.

I have brined wings but for myself feel it was not worth it. But doing a whole bird on the grill I like using a brine as I feel you get a much more moister white meat in the breasts.

The Mantis

Founding Member
Founding Member
Mossy, looks beyond delicious as usual. Glad you made it over, I've been missing your posts!

deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
vortex3.jpg Bump, did some thighs and legs last weekend with Marty's buffalo wing seasoning. Added a couple tablespoons of Sirracha to the mix for the second batch...........outstanding !!

nxtgeneration

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well I guess i'll go change my shirt now. Cant have drool all over me for the rest of the day.

I will be making a trip to L&M meats this afternoon to find something to smoke after looking through this.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
My wife and I did chicken drummies seasoned with Buffalo Wing seasoning cooked indirect around the Vortex on the Jumbo Joe and smoked with cherry wood chunks.

Looks like you bought a new grill just for the occasion?

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just bought a large bag of drummies to make some wings..... and some sauce to soak 'em in, but can't figure out how to go about it in the best way.

Maybe I can just trade ya the two bags and you gimme the finished products above sometime? :;:muahaha

MossyMO

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hemicuda-Cuda.jpg Bump, did some thighs and legs last weekend with Marty's buffalo wing seasoning. Added a couple tablespoons of Sirracha to the mix for the second batch...........outstanding !!

Your chicken looks excellent WP and great to hear you like the Buffalo Wing seasoning! Hhmmm sriracha you say... sounds good!

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like you bought a new grill just for the occasion?

Purchased the grill over 2 years ago, but just took it out of the box this Spring for this inaugural [FONT=&quot][/FONT]cook with the Mini Vortex. Love the size of the Weber Jumbo Joe grill for cooking grate size and portability. I guarantee the grill is no longer near as clean cause I know it has been used 25 plus times this year!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 106
  • This month: 100
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 66