metagoshi ice

Tikka280ai

Founding Member
Founding Member
Has anybody drove out on metagoshi yet. I heard a bunch of pickups were last weekend just wondering if I need to take an atv with me

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
15" and ice looks good. 3"-4" of snow on top. There are a pile of pickups and permanents out on ice now.

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
I want to fish out there in the winter. My first trip there last summer was awsome.

Trapper62

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fished Metigoshe last wednesday, lots of vehicle activity on the south lake by Little Metighose State Park, the ice was about 12"-15". BUT we were on the north lake as well and never found more than 6"-7" of ice. Only saw one pickup on the ice there and he drove out drilled one hole and drove back off. Everyone we saw on the north lake walked out, we took the atv and moved around quite a bit. Slow on the North, south picked up some gills and perch.

all4eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'll be up there this weekend lets hope the cold front doesn't hurt the fishing to bad

rickd

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anybody else fish this??? Partner and I took 14th, won a couple ice rods. Some of the top teams in the Nation were present. I prefished there for 3 days and pretty much hammered them everywhere. Most of the winners fished the north lake, right up by the border.

defiant1

Honored Member
Any ice issues on Lake Metigoshi lately? I see in the news a lot of vehicles falling in the ice at various other areas. Figured I would ask about Metigoshi before I head over there.

defiant1

Honored Member
Thank you sir. Going to finally get my permanent shack out on the ice this year... It has been too long of a wait.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
fishingbuddy, facebook, and nodak angler are gonna be real tough on old metigoshe.

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
fishingbuddy, facebook, and nodak angler are gonna be real tough on old metigoshe.

Metigoshe was a secret up until now? i remember hearing about the late ice gill bite up there when i was in highschool.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think maybe he means "real time updates to 10000s of people". And not just just metigoshe but any smaller resource.

When things get hot people are on it fast AND in numbers that conventional communications (landlines/word of mouth) used to naturally limit in speed/volume. Works the other way too... When things are slow these days people react quickly and hit hot bites instead.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
everyone thinks they are a celebrity and just cant wait to post the tales of their expeditions. In the quest to be the next Kardashian, many people over blab the things that should maybe be kept to oneself.

I have a good example which involves someone of authority telling a tale about doing something he knew was wrong, and decided he knew better than the G&F and did what they told him not too. It is not a bad thing, and probably the right thing to do, however maybe should keep his mouth shut about it

Such as feeding some starving "resource" when advised not to.

I am the pot calling the kettle black as I am blabbing all the time, however my stories are more so meant as humor, and potentially a learning lesson, as I have had to learn most things the hard way a bunch of times.

I have no interest in being famous, or even liked for that matter...haha

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 90
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 70
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 63