Venison Backstrap Jerky

MossyMO

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sliced up 6 1/2 pounds of venison backstrap, sealed in a Ziplock and in the fridge overnight with hickory jerky seasoning and cure. Here is the jerky getting some oak smoke with the grill running 150º.

-----

About 4 hours in a few slices were looking about right to take off and all were done a few hours later.

-----

Bon Appétit!

[FONT=&quot]Thanks for looking![/FONT]

ItemB

Founding Member
Founding Member
Looking good that rack system you got there looks like the real deal.

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
Agree where can a guy get that rack setup that would be great to have in the smoker. Looks good also.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Doesn't bother anybody he made jerky out of loin?

Didn't even think about it. Doesn't bother me in the least and it looks AWESOME!!! At least MM is eating the game he takes. I know of a few guys that shoot deer and then throw the WHOLE deer away when they get home. It's not illegal, but damn does it piss me off. Nice Job MM!! I kind of wish there was a scratch and sniff feature on my monitor.

Bowhunter_24

Founding Member
Founding Member
Didn't even think about it. Doesn't bother me in the least and it looks AWESOME!!! At least MM is eating the game he takes. I know of a few guys that shoot deer and then throw the WHOLE deer away when they get home. It's not illegal, but damn does it piss me off. Nice Job MM!! I kind of wish there was a scratch and sniff feature on my monitor.

exactly. Backstrap makes the best whole muscle jerky. And if it's getting eaten that's all that matters. I have some on the dehydrator right now actually

MossyMO

Founding Member
Founding Member
[FONT=&quot]It was my wife's uncle's backstraps from an old buck, he was going to turn it into sausage and we told him nonsense, we will make you jerky with it... We have plenty of our own venison but did not want to see this go to sausage, when he picked it up and tasted tested he was very happy![/FONT]

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
It was my wife's uncle's backstraps from an old buck, he was going to turn it into sausage and we told him nonsense, we will make you jerky with it... We have plenty of our own venison but did not want to see this go to sausage, when he picked it up and tasted tested he was very happy!

Lot's of individuals want to judge. If they didn't mean it that way then they shouldn't write it that way. I'ts your meat and I'm sure the bitcher's would love a slice of that shi'ite in the ice shack or deer stand.

I am very guilty of misrepresentation of my true beliefs in sacrifice to humor.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 120
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79