Amazon prime TV

FishReaper

Founding Member
Founding Member
Does anyone have or use prime TV or any other internet based TV? We are almost up with or dish contract and am looking at other options before we renew.
Mostly watch history, discovery, car and outdoors shows. Some cooking and remodeling shows. Also need kids channels

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have prime but only use it for movies. Seems like every movie I want to watch it costs me an extra 5 dollars to watch. I'm not a big fan of it but I have no input on TV shows.

Auggie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have Hulu and Prime. Most network shows can be seen on Hulu. I do some al la carte for cable channel shows (walking dead). Most outdoor TV shows have their shows on YouTube.

littlefish

Founding Member
Founding Member
amazon prime and netflix have a lot of the same movies, you can get a lot of those tv channels on hulu plus but i havent really checked it out my daughter has it

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
Prime has added bonuses if you shop on Amazon. Well worth it imo.

I will dump directv soon and go with prime and netflix for sure.

Between Prime and Netflix and YouTube ( <-- for my hunting fishing tv ) I am set.

I can't remember the name of it, but one other one gets you espn, which would be nice. I think that one was $15/mo.

Lostlunker

Founding Member
Founding Member
I dropped cable almost 5 years ago and haven't looked back. It took a while to get used to but I have 2 roku's and a chromecast with netflix, amazon prime, and hbo go I watch pretty much whatever I want. Vollmer I think you are talking about Sling TV I gave the trial a shot but just wasn't worth the cost imo. I can also watch nba league pass broadband with my roku and that's pretty much all I watch.

Auggie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sling TV. It also has some HGTV, discovery, and history. You can only watch what's live.

Fisherman25

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah we watch a lot through our Amazon account. The new fire tv is bad ass as well. I think Apple TV is also worth looking at. They have a lot of tv channels.

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm all about the Prime. We got rid of cable years ago and never looked back. Got a digital antenna to cover the local stations, then Prime for movies, shows, etc. We're not a huge TV family, so it works for us. And beats a $100+ cable bill every month for 375 channels we don't watch...

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I hooked up the Netflix about a month ago, my daughter is watching some series, otherwise we have watched a few movies. Not sure about current tv though, as I am not too familiar with its ins and outs yet.
I have cable also for my wifi and local channels.
300+ channels and I watch maybe 6 of them...

FishReaper

Founding Member
Founding Member
I hooked up the Netflix about a month ago, my daughter is watching some series, otherwise we have watched a few movies. Not sure about current tv though, as I am not too familiar with its ins and outs yet.
I have cable also for my wifi and local channels.
300+ channels and I watch maybe 6 of them...

we currently have dish but the same thing. 300+ channels and watch maybe 10 of them. we dont really watch enought tv to warrent having that many channels when there are other options that let us watch the very few shows we do enjoy

FishSticks

Founding Member
Founding Member
Prime is awesome. I buy a lot of stuff from Amazon and utilize the free shipping enough to justify the purchase without the streaming services. They have some great shows from premium channels like Deadwood & The Wire, few good originals like The Man In The High Castle and some movies you would also find on Netflix. At this point I would rather have Prime than Netflix or Hulu.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 135
  • This month: 127
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 85
  • This month: 75