How's The Pups Arrow and Eye?

arrowdem

Founding Member
Founding Member
new years eve puppies are doing just awesome! very healthy and fat and happy, cant wait til they get their eyes open and start moving around a bit.. they are just blind rats right now haha, but mom and babies are still doing very well, mom is getting antsy, and the timing of the puppies wasnt the best, didnt get out after some grouse for the last weekend with mama and she would love to get out of the house and run around for a while, im thinking by this weekend or later this week i can get her out and run her for a while, still have a choc female and a blk male for sale and puppies had their dew claws removed! which the vet showed me how to do so for next time i can do it myself

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I assume you'll be posting more pics?...

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lost one the other day. reason unknown. Eight left that are doing great. growing to beat hell.
puppies 1-4-15.jpg

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
That's a sad deal Eye. Glad to hear the rest are doing well. Are you going to bob the tails?

huntinforfish

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have helped with lab litters in the past when my parents were breeding. The death of a pup could have come from being laid on and crushed or suffocated. We were told to add a board to the whelping box that extended inward from the walls to create a cove of sorts underneath on all sides. This gave a safe surrounding area for pups to lay and be be protected from momma. They would find their way in there often as it was wrapped with blankets and quite cozy for them.

- - - Updated - - -

whelping-boxes-various-sizes-size-huge-72-x-48-1933-p.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

We did something similar to this...

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have helped with lab litters in the past when my parents were breeding. The death of a pup could have come from being laid on and crushed or suffocated. We were told to add a board to the whelping box that extended inward from the walls to create a cove of sorts underneath on all sides. This gave a safe surrounding area for pups to lay and be be protected from momma. They would find their way in there often as it was wrapped with blankets and quite cozy for them.

- - - Updated - - -

whelping-boxes-various-sizes-size-huge-72-x-48-1933-p.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

We did something similar to this...
that's what I suspect happened. I thought about the boards a few days ago. Going to add them today. stupid of me not to have done it earlier.

- - - Updated - - -

That's a sad deal Eye. Glad to hear the rest are doing well. Are you going to bob the tails?
I'm not sure what to do with the tails. They appears that they are going to be very labish in appearance. But it's so hard to know at this early of a stage.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 153
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 79