Bluetipz tip up alarms?

Pigsticker

Founding Member
Founding Member
Has anybody used these over the past year? Do they work well, are they reliable and durable? How do they do for battery life on your phone since its Bluetooth? Love em, hate em?

Just wondering if they are worth the investment.

nxtgeneration

Founding Member
Founding Member
Amazon reviews are overly great. A few say 30-40 yard range only. Would be handy if they worked well though.

powerman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I know a guy that has some and they work really well so far. Same size as a tipup light and has a light in it. You can # the devices and keep a log. Pretty neat from my experience with them.

Traxion

Founding Member
Founding Member
We bought some for the FIL for Christmas. They seem to work pretty well, range was only tested to about 50 yds. But, they are pretty much the same size as the Arctic Fire lights. They have a nice flashing light on them too. My only issue is my phone hates the cold so having a full battery would be most important. The battery in the sensor itself it supposed to be good for 400 activations. Who knows. Overall pretty nice. Worth the $80? Not sure. Kinda neat just sitting inside waiting for your phone to buzz rather than looking out the window every minute!

tinker

Founding Member
Founding Member
i have these and they work awesome. sucks to use around alot of other people though cause they are super loud and tell your neighbors your on the fish!
i seen a guy this weekend with window alarms on his tip ups. small part on his flag, large part on frame. once flag went up the alarm went off. said he got the idea off facebook. bought the alarms from harbor freight

http://www.harborfreight.com/door-window-entry-alarm-94983.html

- - - Updated - - -

i have these and they work awesome. sucks to use around alot of other people though cause they are super loud and tell your neighbors your on the fish!
i seen a guy this weekend with window alarms on his tip ups. small part on his flag, large part on frame. once flag went up the alarm went off. said he got the idea off facebook. bought the alarms from harbor freight

http://www.harborfreight.com/door-window-entry-alarm-94983.html

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 115
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 73