Aluma Lite Fish House or a Clam

Madbigdog2003

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ice is forming and getting better everyday. Want to get your ice house out but its still to heavy for the ice?

I use an Alumi Lite ice house, they are light weight and easy to use and move.

I have moved mine with an ATV and Snowmobile.

Such an upgrade from my Clam...

12401824_949023445188579_3343199531944235007_o.jpg

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have the 12 foot, this is my 3rd year and no big problems. the hitch mounting points that came on mine were junk, mine even blew over on its side and roof and slammed into a tree this fall in a big wind and didn't get any serious damage.

wby257

Founding Member
Founding Member
Drilling holes must make a mess in the house unless your using slush buckets and that would get old if you move around much. It looks like there is maybe 6 inch from ice to top of floor. Must have to have a long trailer to put the house and 4 wheeler on. Or else put the 4 wheeler in pickup.

Lostlunker

Founding Member
Founding Member
Got mine from Jeff's Outboards in Bismarck (6 x 10 with V-Nose)

They have any of those Lil Munchkins over there? Those kind of intrigue me for the price and how light they are. I'm also thinking of building a tip down semi truck sleeper house if I can find the right trailer to build one on.

Madbigdog2003

Founding Member
Founding Member
Got two buddies out fishing today in a tourney in SD....Both are really glad they have houses today...Both stated that a little Mr. Buddy Heater on Medium is all you need today. (Spray Form is awesome) Aluma Lites are made of ALL Aluminum (Very Light--No Steel at all)

Madbigdog2003

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have marked the holes, and then moved the house back by hand over the holes...

I have used an ice bucket also...(Both work fine)

My ice house has ATV doors on the back, and can put the ATV right in the house. (My Trailer is a 14 ft snowmobile trailer)

Mark

- - - Updated - - -

He has a (7 by 8) and (8 by 8) left.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have marked the holes, and then moved the house back by hand over the holes...

I have used an ice bucket also...(Both work fine)

My ice house has ATV doors on the back, and can put the ATV right in the house. (My Trailer is a 14 ft snowmobile trailer)

Mark

- - - Updated - - -

He has a (7 by 8) and (8 by 8) left.

Can you describe the trailering, loading, unloading process? I'm pretty interested in going "enclosed".

Madbigdog2003

Founding Member
Founding Member
For loading all you need is a tilt bed flat bead trailer with a boat winch on the front. To unload just push it off the tilt trailer..

With my Alumlite I can fish the two best times of the year, EARLY Ice and LATE Ice, mine weighs only 800 lbs, so can pull with ATV or Snowmobile on 5 Inches of Ice...

Works great....

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 91
  • This month: 90
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 71
  • This month: 71