Bengals and steelers

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
What a horse shit way for a game to end. Steelers take out
bengals receiver with helmet to helmet shot to the head and no flag. Bengal hits steeler receiver with shoulder to the head and draws a 15 yd which gives the game to the steelers

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
The hit to the Bengal receiver was earlier in th game when he was knocked out and the steeler recovered the fumble

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
no bengals gave that game away unsportsmanlike conduct by every bengal member including the fans ,they deserved to lose

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
thugs... will be checking the news in the morning to see how many buildings and cars burn...

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Where was the flag on the steeler coach getting into it with the players on the field when the bengals got the second flag

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
those Bengal thugs make the old ravens suggs and ray lewis look like boyscouts. absolutely disgusting display of sportsmanship, even boomer esiason said he was embarrassed being a former Bengal.

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
those Bengal thugs make the old ravens suggs and ray lewis look like boyscouts. absolutely disgusting display of sportsmanship, even boomer esiason said he was embarrassed being a former Bengal.

yup, but then boom threw marvin lewis under the bus for not controlling his players...WTF??? must be like the teachers or cops fault for bad people doing bad things...

the bengals don't need a new coach... some of them need a warden...

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I watched that game with anticipation and no bias. Now... titty sprinkle Cincinnati. Adam Jones might not have deserved that last flag, but have zero pitty for people who act like POS and are responded to like POS. You made your bed, now you sleep in it. I hope this is a life lesson for some. Kind of feel like it's starting to sink in for Jones.

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
berfect had it coming the whole game. he was chippy and getting into it with every stealer on every play throughout the game. completely lost his head, if he had one to begin with. that hit that drew the flag was 100 percent targeting and was completely stupid both in a safety for the defensless player aspect and the fact that it cost them the game. cincy made real asses of themselves this game. even the fans were throwing garbage at roethlesberger while he was being carted off the field. who does that? they deserved to lose and I'd rather see a talented team like Pittsburgh play, (although they may be without big ben and brown) than a bunch of thugs who take heap shots.

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wasn't paying much attention to the game until the last quarter. Cincinnati imploded at the end. They brought about the defeat. Monday the hammer will fall on the team. I wouldn't be surprised to see a coaching change. #noloveforcincy.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wasn't paying much attention to the game until the last quarter. Cincinnati imploded at the end. They brought about the defeat. Monday the hammer will fall on the team. I wouldn't be surprised to see a coaching change. #noloveforcincy.

Agreed, that coach has no control over his team. They could've gone to the Super Bowl, maybe even won it. They make the Raiders look respectable.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Steeler penalties 10 for 142 yds. Bengals. 8 for 79 yds, which 30 of them were on the 2nd to last play. Which team was playing dirty?

I am not a Bengal or steeler fan so I could care less which team won or lost. But I believe the steelers are the most penalized team even the coaches get unsportsmanlike flags by grabbing the players hair and tripping them on the sidelines. The teams were cheap shooting each other all game but the play that really got the bengals worked up was the no call hit that literally knocked out their receiver.

In the end The refs should have thrown a flag on the steeler coach on the field arguing with the bengals not jones that gave the steelers a 35 yd chip shot field goal.

Last edited:

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bengals threw that game with the 2 personal fouls at the end. Can't seem to keep their heads straight. The way they acted at the end they deserve it. Don't care for the Steelers either but they are moving on.

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
I honestly think the refs lost control of the game, not a fan of either team, but titty sprinkles...lots went on after that hit.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
If I were Goodell, Monday AM:

1. Burfect out for 1/2 of next season as well as fines for the hit on AB and the scuffle in the end zone (nothing for the hit on BR, that was clean as grandma's kitchen floor).

2. Jones out minimum of 2 games 'cause when he pushed the Steelers coach he was sort of roughing up refs too.

3. Shazier out for 4 games, this season for sure and however many that is next yr, for the spear as well as a big fine.

4. Each head coach would get 100K fine for not controlling their team.

5. Each GM would get 500K fine for the same reason.

6. Each owner would get 2 Million $ fine for the same reason

7. Each rostered team member, office staff, coach, medical staff, training staff, GM, and owner would be required to do 200hrs community service in the opposing team's city and the owners would foot the bill for travel and lodging. If the NFL wants to truly stop this stuff they've got to make it inconvenient and expensive for the $$ at the top and you could rest assured that thuggery would disappear.

I'm sure there'd be more, but I can't remember the rest of the flagrancy.

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
Always amazes me when these guys are so moronic that they let their own emotions affect the outcome of the game for 99 other players. The spearing happens at high speed so although it is dirty, I don't see that as quite as idiotic as the penalties for punching, kicking or verbal taunting between plays. Those are just dumb. I think if I was in charge of an organization I would have each potential player take an IQ test and if your score was too low, well we would just have to pass on them no matter how talented they are. Seems like stupid always bites you in the end.

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
Steeler penalties 10 for 142 yds. Bengals. 8 for 79 yds, which 30 of them were on the 2nd to last play. Which team was playing dirty?

I am not a Bengal or steeler fan so I could care less which team won or lost. But I believe the steelers are the most penalized team even the coaches get unsportsmanlike flags by grabbing the players hair and tripping them on the sidelines. The teams were cheap shooting each other all game but the play that really got the bengals worked up was the no call hit that literally knocked out their receiver.

In the end The refs should have thrown a flag on the steeler coach on the field arguing with the bengals not jones that gave the steelers a 35 yd chip shot field goal.

steelers aren't the cleanest team in the league either but of those penelties how many yards came from penelties not associated with the game? ie, unsportsmanlike, targeting, personal fouls? 142 yards and Id bet most of it was on holding calls and one from a dance in the end zone. the hit from shazier, although it looked like a snot rocker of a hit was a perfectly legal hit. the receiver took two steps and was no longer deemed a defenseless player. shazier went below the head and did NOT lead with the crown of his helmet. Burficts hit was the definition of targeting. lead with the crown of his helmet at the head of a player in the at of making a catch deeming him defenseless. all that stupid thug had to do was put a pad into the mid section of brown and its a clean hit.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sluggo, The NFL has a wonderlic iq test used to test NFL players, but I think what is more important is the fact the officiating team was definitely a lop sided biased crew who should all be fired for incompetence.

- - - Updated - - -

steelers aren't the cleanest team in the league either but of those penelties how many yards came from penelties not associated with the game? ie, unsportsmanlike, targeting, personal fouls? 142 yards and Id bet most of it was on holding calls and one from a dance in the end zone. the hit from shazier, although it looked like a snot rocker of a hit was a perfectly legal hit. the receiver took two steps and was no longer deemed a defenseless player. shazier went below the head and did NOT lead with the crown of his helmet. Burficts hit was the definition of targeting. lead with the crown of his helmet at the head of a player in the at of making a catch deeming him defenseless. all that stupid thug had to do was put a pad into the mid section of brown and its a clean hit.
No that was definatley not a legal hit leading with the crown of the head is illegal

Rule 12, Section 2, Article 8 (Unnecessary roughness) in the NFL rulebook

(f) If a player uses any part of his helmet (including the top/crown and forehead/”hairline” parts) or facemask to butt, spear, or ram an opponent violently or unnecessarily. Although such violent or unnecessary use of the helmet and facemask is impermissible against any opponent, game officials will give special attention in administering this rule to protecting those players who are in virtually defenseless postures, including but not limited to:

(1) Forcibly hitting the defenseless player’s head, neck, or face with the helmet or facemask, regardless of whether the defensive player also uses his arms to tackle the defenseless player by encircling or grasping him; or

(2) Lowering the head and violently or unnecessarily making forcible contact with the “hairline” or forehead part of the helmet against any part of the defenseless player’s body; or

(3) “Launching” (springing forward and upward) into a defenseless player, or otherwise striking him in a way that causes the defensive player’s helmet or facemask to forcibly strike the defenseless player’s head, neck, or face—even if the initial contact of the defender’s helmet or facemask is lower than the defenseless player’s neck. (Examples: a defender buries his facemask into a defenseless player’s high chest area, but the defender’s trajectory as he leaps into the defenseless player causes the defender’s helmet to strike the defenseless player violently in the head or face; or a defender, using a face-on posture or with his head slightly lowered, hits a defenseless player in an area below the defenseless player’s neck, then the defender’s head moves upward, resulting in strong contact by the defender’s mask or helmet with the defenseless player’s head, neck, or face [an example is the so-called “dip and rip” technique]).

Note: The provisions of section (f) do not prohibit incidental contact by the mask or noncrown parts of the helmet in the course of a conventional tackle on an opponent.

(g) if the initial force of the contact by a defender’s helmet (including facemask), forearm, or shoulder is to the head or neck area of a defenseless player.

Note: Defenseless players in (f) and (g) shall include (i) a player in the act of or just after throwing a pass; (ii) a receiver catching or attempting to catch a pass; (iii) a runner already in the grasp of a tackler and whose forward progress has been stopped; (iv) a kickoff or punt returner attempting to field a kick in the air; and (v) a player on the ground at the end of a play.

h) If a receiver has completed a catch and has not had time to protect himself, a defensive player is prohibited from launching (springing forward and upward) into him in a way that causes the defensive player’s helmet, facemask, shoulder, or forearm to forcibly strike the receiver’s head or neck area—even if the initial contact of the defender’s helmet, facemask, shoulder, or forearm is lower than the receiver’s neck.

That was not the first time Ryan Shazier has led with his head down, in October of this year he was injured doing the exact same thing "spearing".

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 100
  • This month: 97
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 62