Need Heater help on New Ice Castle

PapaWoodie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Need Heater help on New Ice Castle (Problem Resolved!)

I have a 40k BTU heater in the new ice castle. Worked wonderfully for awhile. I had it sitting about a month and a half now and havent touched the thing. I want to get it out tomorrow, and of course now the heater isn't working.

2 30lb tanks are full. Stove/burners work just fine.
I removed the copper line from the side of the heater, verified there is propane there.

When I turn thermostat from off, to just above inside temp, the fan kicks on, but heater don't ignite.

I removed ignitor, and attempted to turn it on, and light with a long stick lighter, no go. I assume there is a feature that won't allow propane to come in unless ignitor is working?

Seems like there is a valve inside the heater that isn't allowing propane to flow to the burner. Looking for suggestions to try. I've had the cover off, with a space heater blowing at it for a day now with no luck (thinking maybe something froze).

It is a possibility blowing snow may have gotten into the fresh air and exhaust ports outside. I'm not sure if a guy just takes a 1lb propane bottle/torch top and toss some heat in them in case there is a flapper froze shut that won't allow fresh air, thus not allowing propane? I'm also not sure what the ports are made of inside so i don't want to melt anything either!

Sure would like to get this beast on the lake tomorrow. Any and all suggestions appreciated!

Last edited:

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
warm up your propane bottle and try again... cold propane in bottles can drop pressures enough to not light or work on pressure valves...

Magpie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Your fresh air or exhaust vent is plugged. Had this happen.

- - - Updated - - -

Your fresh air or exhaust vent is plugged. Had this happen.

PapaWoodie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I texted my sales rep this AM, he just called. Known issue. I had propane bottles and regulator in garage over night, they were warm. Blew air in both vents, nothing came out....seemed to be clean. Shot a little warm air in there, see if there was any ice build up.

Remedy: Limit Switch. Guess its a known issue, with no fix yet. They stick.....

Remove both screws from the back, remove 2 wire. Replace switch with a fuse (basically bypassing the switch). Boom! Works like a charm! He said to try to put switch back in. After removing it, it will work again 90 percent of the time. he said if it dont, to message him and he will have a new one in the mail.

Outstanding dealership guys, dude called me on a sunday, from his home, watching the vikings game! Can't say enough about the service I have had on this issue, and a few others from Milaca Unclaimed Freight!~ Well worth the trip from Surrey there to pick it up as far as pricing, and service goes!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 167
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 77