Eskimo 949i Rod Issue

JimmersDad

Hey guys, I bought an Eskimo 949i before Christmas and have used it a handful of times. Up until yesterday I loved it. I was trying to get it all packed up in a pretty good wind and things got a little out of hand. Managed to get it out of the wind and set it up again to find one of the upper wall rods had popped out of the socket. Looked like it was just a ball and joint type hinge there and I thought I snapped it back in but when I collapsed it again it came right back out. Anyone have any similar issues or know how I can get a good fix on this?

Thanks

remm

Founding Member
Founding Member
You might have to take the cap off of the hub to get the ball back in the socket portion where it's supposed to be if I remember right. I've had that hub cap off a couple times for various repairs. There's a trick to getting them back together the right way, I think you need to take the other end out of the bottom of the skirt in the corner, repair the hub, then put the end back in the corner pocket.

Muzzytipped

Founding Member
Founding Member
You might have to take the cap off of the hub to get the ball back in the socket portion where it's supposed to be if I remember right. I've had that hub cap off a couple times for various repairs. There's a trick to getting them back together the right way, I think you need to take the other end out of the bottom of the skirt in the corner, repair the hub, then put the end back in the corner pocket.

THIS

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had a rod punch through the bottom pocket at the ground level yesterday on my 949i.

remm

Founding Member
Founding Member
This happened to me last year as well. Took the rod out of the pocket and stitched the hole shut with powerpro line. Seems to hold well now.

I had a rod punch through the bottom pocket at the ground level yesterday on my 949i.

Mr Clean

Founding Member
Founding Member
My wife used a piece of small strap and stitched it up with power pro, and no problems yet this year. Bottom pole tore out

Browneye

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had seen that Runnings had that 949i for $300. I would like the space of one that size but it easy enough for 1 person to set up?

Rizzo

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had seen that Runnings had that 949i for $300. I would like the space of one that size but it easy enough for 1 person to set up?
Reeds has them on sale for $249 right now. Takes less than 30 seconds to set up.

sdwxman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I absolutely love my 949i. Best ice fishing purchase ever!

JimmersDad

This was more or less the solution. I didn't take that opposite rod out but I took the cap off the hub and just ran the rod I was having issues with all the way through as opposed to trying to pop it back in. Looks like it did the trick but time will tell. Thanks for the help! Now if I could just get the pickup started before tomorrow morning..

NodakBuckeye

Founding Member
Founding Member
2nd season for my 949i, so far so good, got it from Reeds for 220 if I remember correctly. I can set it up by myself in just a few minutes, anchors and all.

Reprobait

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reeds has them on sale for $249 right now. Takes less than 30 seconds to set up.

Glens Army Navy has that same price and free shipping. I was in Minot at Home of Economy and they had Eskimo 3i 's for 169. They are not much smaller.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 112
  • This month: 104
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 73