devils lake ice

Donald john molloy

is there anywhere on devils or surrounding lakes i can pull wheelhouse with truck out where ice is safe? any help would be greatly appreciated

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not sure if I would call it safe yet, but I did notice a couple wheeled houses behind Pop's bar on East bay. There were portables with quads, snowmobiles in the area but I did see a couple of permanents out there when I was out and about sunday morning.
North end of Irvine is probably ok now.

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's not thickening up as fast as I thought it would. There's trucks out on several places right now, but I'm still a little nervous about this weekend, I wouldn't mind a few extra inches, but I can't wait much longer to get the big permanent out. :;:smokin

Donald john molloy

cool thanks for the info

- - - Updated - - -

im not quite as ballsy as i used to b put its time to put house out and relax,drink beer and catch some eyes

Putz ND

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had 9-11 inches from Bud Bay to Old Mil this weekend. No way I'd risk it in that area yet - unless you're fast, have good insurance, friends you don't like, and need a new rig . . .

LITREOFCOLA

Founding Member
Founding Member
Heard a rumor that they were thinking about canceling the fishing tournament because of questionable ice conditions. Any truth to that?

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
The tournament won't be cancelled and there is a solid 15 inches south of pops. Take that to the bank.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
My wife said that they were talking about canceling. Kfgo zippy?

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
ahhhhhh not sure about that one...not even 100% on the big one, THE annual volunteer fire department one on 6 mile bay the last Saturday of January. My guess is the fire department one is still a go..anyone else on hear care to weigh in on either of these tourneys?

Tillerman2095

Founding Member
Founding Member
North of Minnewauken we found places that had only 3-5 inches. Around the bridges and any neck down areas I would be really careful

RM-Plains

Founding Member
Founding Member
North of Minnewauken we found places that had only 3-5 inches. Around the bridges and any neck down areas I would be really careful

Open water in spots in the MNWKN Area as of Last week, IE Round Lake 281 Cut Out may be others thin areas under road beds and springs in the MNWKN Flats area...Never really a good call fishing near DL bridges through the ice IMO..Have seen a few trucks and permanents out on the flats tho, Ive found 3"-12" on the Flats side as of 1/13/16.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
24 below this weekend - and not above zero --- How much snow do you have DL? That blanket cant protect for ever.

FightingSioux

Founding Member
Founding Member
Radio said they are worried about the fire department tourney. They said they want 18" to be safe. Came from the tourney leader.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
2010 was the last year on the north end of six, the ice sagged making for water in between the rows. I hope the don't cancel it is a family tradition get together.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 156
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 79