Where to buy minnows in Fargo??

JimmersDad

Hey guys, where can I buy minnows in Fargo other than Scheels? I'm used to Bismarck where half the gas stations have them on hand.

Thanks

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think it D&L bait on hwy10 south side of the highway west of Dilworth that I've got bait from. Not a very fancy place but he's got a lot of choices.

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fargo Bait and Tackle is the best in town. Gary is very knowledgeable, makes his own tackle, and has great bait. It's a family business with good prices and quality. 10th St. and 5th Ave South....look for the big red bobber sign.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
This isn't Bismarck ----anyway ---- scheels and gander are going to be your most convenient from the interstate.

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
Gander quit selling minnows from what I understand. I don't go in there so u will have to check and make sure this is tru. I will second fargo bait.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Your correct Kickemup all they have is waxys ---Fargo is a sad a affair -- but I think most stop once they get to spot.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
This isn't Bismarck ----anyway ---- scheels and gander are going to be your most convenient from the interstate.

There are lot of great baitshops around fargo. Dilworth and fargo bait along with scheels and gander mountain. Go east into panny country and there are choices galore. The fargo area is pretty much a fish mecca and shorthairs still comes west to pirate haha.

SupressYourself

Founding Member
Founding Member
The fargo area is pretty much a fish mecca...

I call BS, unless your definition of "area" is like 100 square miles. You gotta drive 45 minutes to an hour in any direction to find a lake. I'm not sure there's another place in ND that's further away from respectable hunting or fishing areas. Now if you want torn out tree rows ever-expanding housing developments, we got that.

#frustratedWithThisPOSPlace

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
I did make 3 stops in Devils lake last fall before I could get minnows and the ones that I got were small.

Bottom bouncers -- well that was a thread in itself ---- I made one stop in Bis and wade had em -- boom -- I will never run out of 3oz bouncers

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
I call BS, unless your definition of "area" is like 100 square miles. You gotta drive 45 minutes to an hour in any direction to find a lake. I'm not sure there's another place in ND that's further away from respectable hunting or fishing areas. Now if you want torn out tree rows ever-expanding housing developments, we got that.

The Legendary Bullheadmaster made it look like paradise back in the day.

Bri-guy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Gander doesn't sell minnows anymore. Scheels and Fargo bait are the only places in town. Pretty lame. If I head West, I usually stop at the hilltop in Valley City. If I head east I either stop at D&M in Dilworth or the Cenex station in Barnesville. You would think our large town would have better bait options. Scheels is a joke for bait. The check-out girls say "ewww gross" pretty much every time. You have to drag your bag of minnows past $100-200 clothing items to get out of the store. Just a poor set-up overall. If they had a detached bait shop like Gander used to have, they would do very well.

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just think its fun when a checkout girl asks what's in the little container and I open it up to show them the waxies squirming around. gets me every time, just have to make sure you warm it up in your hands to get them really moving :)

- - - Updated - - -

Does anyone know where a guy can find spikes in the FM area? D&M bait ordered them for me last year but was wondering if there are any others, usually just stock up when I go to SD for a weekend but not sure if I am going to get down that way this year.

ElDuderino

Founding Member
Founding Member
There is not much in town accept from the places mentioned above. If you are going East I would highly recommend The Lake Place in Lake Park. One of the nicest bait shops and friendly staff.

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would think SIRI could answer this question. Same with 'Where are the fish biting?" What depth? and what color? ":cool:

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member

The red is full of pig walleyes right in town and there are endless lakes within an hour of town to fish. I lived in fargo for many years and panny country to the east is as good as anywhere in the midwest. Maybe you dont like crappies and bluegills and pumkinseeds.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 160
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 80