Scrambled Eggs

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just did this with eggs using sour cream, I wish I had the sides available:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUP7U5vTMM0

Pros:

It was actually sort of fun and DID provide a risotto type texture.

Cons:

They tasted like flour paste even after seasoning. The process effectively reduced the mass of six eggs to four: I guess it's gravity and magnets. Shredded cheese did not help. Taste and texture did improve after 20 seconds or so in the microwave.

Even served in bed, this technique will not get you laid on it's merit but may win a scrambled egg contest.

Don't get all gour-gay with eggs.

Your Friend,
Svn

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
Pretty sure my wife wouldn't have anything to do with eggs textured like that. The tomatoes and mushroom looked on point though. That would go good right next to a steak.

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
I make oatmeal, fried eggs and toast every morning for breakfast. Wife and kid love it. The way I see it, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I too sunnyside up a couple eggs every morning, 2 slices of toast and 2 strips of bacon. Why would a guy venture from routine and eat anything less. On special occasions mrs johnr actually makes me eggs benedict, she is a wonderful woman, even better on those days.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Eggs, bacon, and toast for this guy in the morning. Throw in some french toast and the occasional pancake breakfast and I'm happy. Cold cereal, just doesn't do it for me like it used to.

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
Eggs, bacon, and toast for this guy in the morning. Throw in some french toast and the occasional pancake breakfast and I'm happy. Cold cereal, just doesn't do it for me like it used to.

Cold cereal is delicious......For dessert.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
THIS and pepper on eggs.
150ritrovotrufsalt.jpg

You're welcome.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Perfect is obviously just his opinion... I prefer mine well cooked to mushy! Who posts this crap anyway? :;:huh

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
I should probably get up in time to make and actual breakfast in the morning but who am I kidding? That is not gong to happen.

- - - Updated - - -

THIS and pepper on eggs.
150ritrovotrufsalt.jpg

You're welcome.

Is it a pretty distinct/strong flavor difference to regular salt? I have a rather indifferent palate.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wish I had time for breakfast. Coffee, protein shake, maybe a bit of yogurt. I will make a good breakfast if we're both home on the weekend.

martinslanding

Founding Member
Founding Member
Scrambled eggs are a staple at our house most weekends…I usually throw in some meat ham, or deer sausage…(usually when we make a big ham close to half of it gets cubed and frozen in little sandwich bags solely for this purpose)..assorted vegetables depending on what we have mushrooms, sweet peppers, onions, tomatoes sometimes spinach or kale. IF I have heavy whipping cream I usually add that to the eggs, if not there is always a small jug of whole milk in the fridge. When veggies are involved I like to use greek seasoning or Tatonka dust, I will have to try this truffle shuffle salt you speak of...kind you find it at any of the usual yuppy-hipster food joints ???
TKBlog-chicken-souvlaki-21.jpg

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
THIS and pepper on eggs.
150ritrovotrufsalt.jpg

You're welcome.

You've gotta be frickin' kidding me...

i make "egg b'rittos" or eggs in an English muffin and wrap in foil, then throw inside a big suede mitten to keep warm. My daughter and I munch on them on the way to school. I think it's her favorite part of the day.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I should probably get up in time to make and actual breakfast in the morning but who am I kidding? That is not gong to happen.

- - - Updated - - -

Is it a pretty distinct/strong flavor difference to regular salt? I have a rather indifferent palate.

there is nothing indifferent about truffle salt - aromatic fungal funkness

sort of like hard cheeses (Parmesan, etc.) - the funk is indescribable (my daughter called them butt-cheese growing up)

sort of like when your dog roles around in a dead animal - to you it's disgusting - to your dog it's catnip

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75