This guy is still stuck.

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
Skunk bay update. Couldn't find the thread we posted this on before. Must have plenty of cash for a new truck.
image.jpg

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wonder if there are fish around that structure. Dibs!! Stay away from my fishing truck, Pirates!

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Distance from shore means nothing. We were on a lake in Canada where the bow of the boat was on the rocks where we were having lunch and the back of the boat was in 128 ft of water. My boat is 19.5 ft long. Caught some nice lake trout there. (Grin)

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
He must not have tried very hard. It would think just about any wrecker could pull that up.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Distance from shore means nothing. We were on a lake in Canada where the bow of the boat was on the rocks where we were having lunch and the back of the boat was in 128 ft of water. My boat is 19.5 ft long. Caught some nice lake trout there. (Grin)

Was this lake a old quarry pit, 128' drop off would be deep for a natural lake.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
It was a crack in the earth that filled with water. I can't remember the name, but it's east of lake of the woods and there are vertical walls of rock around much of the lake. One of the only spots with some kind of level soil was the landing. It was very strange to fish a lake like this I can tell you that much. Max depth was around 140 or so as I remember it.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
It was a crack in the earth that filled with water. I can't remember the name, but it's east of lake of the woods and there are vertical walls of rock around much of the lake. One of the only spots with some kind of level soil was the landing. It was very strange to fish a lake like this I can tell you that much. Max depth was around 140 or so as I remember it.

Cool was the water was crystal clear, Thumbs Up

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nope!! It was kind of coffee or tea colored due to tannin's in the peat bogs that surrounded the lake. Clarity was about 15 feet or so.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Might be A native vehicle, they have different rules, and vehicle removal isn't required, nor are fines in force able

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Or front window is not cracked up yet still has both mirrors and there is not a lot of empty beers and whiskey bottles laying on the ground. The other picture shows the front window better as well as no garbage.

- - - Updated - - -

Or front window is not cracked up yet still has both mirrors and there is not a lot of empty beers and whiskey bottles laying on the ground. The other picture shows the front window better as well as no garbage.

Yeah :::

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
ha ha ha.

We had two vehicles trashed by United Tribes citizens in south Bismarck back in the day (late 70s). One in our front yard, the other died on the road just north of St. Mary's and we had no way to recover it that night.

Cops caught them and told them to knock it off. This did not bring us satisfaction.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
ha ha ha.

We had two vehicles trashed by United Tribes citizens in south Bismarck back in the day (late 70s). One in our front yard, the other died on the road just north of St. Mary's and we had no way to recover it that night.

Cops caught them and told them to knock it off. This did not bring us satisfaction.

A nice little yellow Honda sporty car hit the ditch up on the Mandaree road (road to McKenzie bay) 2 summers ago, it never was towed out. The weekend it happened it was merrily stuck in the ditch, the next weekend the windshield was busted, the 3rd weekend the hood was busted open, the 4th weekend all the windows were shot out, by the end of summer there was little left to destroy or steal, and it finally was removed by the next time I was up, which was hard water season...haha

And lunker is right, seems Budweiser heavy's are the preferred malt beverage, as they seemed to pile up around the scene over the summer

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
A nice little yellow Honda sporty car hit the ditch up on the Mandaree road (road to McKenzie bay) 2 summers ago, it never was towed out. The weekend it happened it was merrily stuck in the ditch, the next weekend the windshield was busted, the 3rd weekend the hood was busted open, the 4th weekend all the windows were shot out, by the end of summer there was little left to destroy or steal, and it finally was removed by the next time I was up, which was hard water season...haha

And lunker is right, seems Budweiser heavy's are the preferred malt beverage, as they seemed to pile up around the scene over the summer

good ol western nortdakohta

- - - Updated - - -

Skunk bay update. Couldn't find the thread we posted this on before. Must have plenty of cash for a new truck.
image.jpg

6% battery... i also like to live dangerously

wby257

Founding Member
Founding Member
They have a cable hooked to it so it doesn't float away in the spring. I would think they could go in now with chainsaws and cut all the way around it and drag it out.

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
After not being driven for the winter, I wonder if he will get a low mileage discount on his insurance.:;:thumbsup:;:muahaha

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Might be A native vehicle, they have different rules, and vehicle removal isn't required, nor are fines in force able

I dont think tax returns have started coming in yet:;:stirthepot

Rizzo

Founding Member
Founding Member
If they think that cable is going to hold it when the ice breaks up and shifts in the spring they are going to be in for a big surprise. I had a dock freeze in once and the ice took it in the spring.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
yeah - or depending on if it's in a protected bay or not maybe the ice will grind/shove it up on shore for them if the ice goes out in a big chinook wind

that would be handy

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ya you see the odds of that are like a million to one, so I see you are saying there is a chance...haha

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 161
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 120
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76