LX 7 or flx28

NDhunter08

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well I think it's about time to make an upgrade from my hummingbird ice 35. I was just wondering what everyone's experiences have been like with the flx28 and lx7. I was thinking about getting an ice55, but I just don't see that much of an upgrade for the price. I need help!

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think SDMF really loves the Marcums

Mine's a 1st or 2nd yr production LX-3. I don't love it or hate it, it just works. I think it's funny how spun up Vex users get about Marcum interference.

KBV

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have both they are both great units. What it comes down to is the 28 is easier to use pretty much put it on auto depth and use it. The 7 has more options and way more settings to play with, a little bit more confusing to use in my opinion. Marcum doesn't work real well in shallow water. If you fish shallower than 8' I run it in open water mode then it works good. With the marcum I use the graph mode and zoom mode both at one time. I like that better than the flasher mode. I wish marcum had a dash or line to show where the bottom is because when fish come in right on the bottom sometimes it's hard to see that they are there. Also the 28 is a lot nicer for hole hopping 7 is a little big and clumsy. You really can't go wrong with either one just depends on what kind of fishing you do.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Marcums are the 1 ply toilet paper version of the sonar world haha. #pokeyourfingerthroughthetoiletpaper

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74