Full Moon

VDAWG

Founding Member
Founding Member
Is anyone planning on going out to call coyotes in the full moon tonight? Any advice for hunting them at night? I'm planning on giving it my first whirl at the night time thing tonight.

USMCDI

Founding Member
Founding Member
Walk a lot and keep the driving to a minimum, you can hear a vehicle from a long way and keep the volume low on the calling.

7mmMag

Founding Member
Founding Member
An old pickup, a couple buddies, big spot lights, and lots of shotgun shells

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
Hopefully the wind dies down. Howling pretty good yet up here.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hopefully the wind dies down. Howling pretty good yet up here.

Wind is a good thing. I walked up to an old Indian buddy today when he was hooking on a new smelt and said Howdy, He almost jumped out of his moccasins. We both got a good laugh.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
As much as the PC crowd hates it, these jokes are funny.
Don't let the Democrats ruin humor too.

A little indian boy asks his mother how the new born Indians are named, she tells him the chief names all the new babies, you have to go ask him
So he wonders over to the Chiefs teepee and asks him. The chief says the first thing I see in the morning when I peek out the teepee is the name the new baby gets, why do you ask two dogs fucking

SupressYourself

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was out in the full moon Friday night until the wind ruined it. Called in one and my buddy missed it. Should have been out Sat night, but too much beer and steak ruined my motivation.

It's hard to get all the right conditions together: enough moon, enough snow, not too much clouds or wind, so I recommend everyone give it a try if you ever get a chance.

In my experience, they are much more bold and will cross wide open stretches, roads, etc that they wouldn't in the daylight.
I usually try to target sloughs or small lakes and sit right on the shoreline. They love running on the ice and having a big flat area in front of you gives you a better chance to see them before they're on top of you. However, it's not a bad idea to bring a shotgun in case they come right down the shoreline and into your lap.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
we received a fresh layer of snow this morning, so that is neat

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 153
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 109