Ice conditions

Lapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
I haven't been out since Saturday morning. Has anyone seen any degrading ice with these warm temps? I'm headed out again on Saturday with my daughter, I'll report back what I see then.

norm70

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wondering the same thing. Ice never has gotten real thick in SE North Dakota.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Has to eat the snow first before it can do much to the ice. Fair bit of water/slush formed yesterday but ice is still exactly what it was before. Now by Sunday will have to see especially if we get a couple more windy warm days.

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
Good down in the SE part of the state all the snow is gone now. It's slippery had to put the pickup in 4 wheel just to get around.

Bri-guy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Craziest year I've ever seen. We should be asking about whether we need an extension on the auger for the upcoming weekend, not whether there's enough ice!

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
The climate seems to be changing faster now than in the past , The warmer North Dakota winters are a treat for us old farts that used to work out in 30 - 40 below or colder temps for 2 or 3 months out of the year.

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
The climate seems to be changing faster now than in the past , The warmer North Dakota winters are a treat for us old farts that used to work out in 30 - 40 below or colder temps for 2 or 3 months out of the year.

uhhh already forgotten about last year?

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hell wasn't it 2012 we had open water on alot of lakes most of the winter? Remember it was this weekend last year where I fished in a downpour on Sibley. It was weird to watch all that water build up and then start running into the house and down the hole.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 115
  • This month: 104
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 90
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 69