• Total voters

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
What are your thoughts on the Pro-Bowl?

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
If there is ice on the lake I'm fishing but I say that for the super bowl also.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm surprised the owners allow their best players on the field in a game that means NOTHING and yet has just as much potential for injury.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think that with players like Bridgewater making the pro-bowl, it's hard to say the owners are letting the league's best players play in the pro bowl. I think he's got a shot at a pretty good career, but 14 touchdowns is not a pro-bowl kind of season. I wonder where that ranks in all-time pro-bowl QB selections?

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think that with players like Bridgewater making the pro-bowl, it's hard to say the owners are letting the league's best players play in the pro bowl. I think he's got a shot at a pretty good career, but 14 touchdowns is not a pro-bowl kind of season. I wonder where that ranks in all-time pro-bowl QB selections?

He's the best QB the Vikes have currently. That's what I'm getting at, there's some mighty valuable assets on the field. I saw Richard Sherman and Russel Wilson were playing, those guys are kinda good.

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
I usually see some of it on accident especially if I'm at work. It's pointless. Let the coaches vote in a "all American" system and let bonuses be based on that. No point in playing it. It used to be an honor especially in baseball but those days aren't coming back.

Joe

Founding Member
Founding Member
Back when it was played after the super bowl, and most first selections bothered showing up. It provided a little bit entertainment in what is typically a dead month in sports. Then goodell fatally wounded it by moving the date before the super bowl, effectively turning the pro bowl into a consolation game, then Aaron Rodgers stomped on its head the year he bitched about people dogging it.

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
I didn't even realize that the NFL Pro Bowl was on the same day as the NHL All Star games, so I watched the NHL All Stars. It was really entertaining. The games were twenty minute (two 10 minute periods) 3 on 3 games with winner take all of $1 million to the winning 9 man team. If you missed it you missed some good hockey!

Steve.

deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's flat out pathetic. Wide receiver playing safety?????? Sherman lines up as wide out?? I came out of it vowing to never watch another.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think I watched maybe twice as a kid in the 80s. Really not much to watch. I think they should just have some type of contests for different positions, with money on the line.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would watch it, but inventorying my wife's sewing thread supply is higher on my list of things to do.

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
The Pro Bowl has become a complete joke and should just be done away with, name an All Pro Team and call it good.

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
I went to the Pro Bowl once. Thank God for the female spectators. :cool:

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
It too me is just a spectacle in which the already over paid, and over proud athletes can pat themselves on the back.
Like the emmy's, grammys, etc. A day of talking about your own personal greatness, for being a neat entertainer.

award shows, and allstar game shit is vomit worthy. ;:;barf

TFX 186

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I agree with Johnr. Most of the time they don't even play hard for a regular season game let alone a Pro Bowl game that means absolutely nothing. They might show up for the paycheck if it spells it out in their contract that they have to to get paid.

Fish On!

ItemB

Founding Member
Founding Member
Its like watching a practice but a lot of these players have bonus in their contract for being in the pro bowl. Also currently, the players on the losing team get $29,000 each and the winners get $58,000, not bad for a day of work only give 25% effort. I know most of us on here probably only give 25% at work everyday;) but have to do it all year long to make that not just one day.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75