My Winter Project is Complete

Captainbrad

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hello All,

I made a joke last fall that this winter I might get bored and write a book. Well I got a wild hair and wrote one so I would not get bored. It is a system of looking at conditions and matching them to a pattern. This is a very short to the point book that will help anyone catch catfish. It is basically a pick your own adventure book. TODAY it was approved for publish and I will have copies available shortly. Now I can go fishing again.

http://braddurickoutdoors.bigcartel.com/product/advanced-catfishing-made-easy

Attachments

finalcoverfront.JPG

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
Very cool, congrats.

Lots of fun sitting on the river on a calm, warm evening with some tunes and a few beers to go with hearing the baitcaster clicker screaming.

MathewsZman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Neat! Not many folks can say they are a published author. Consider yourself breathing rarified air from now on.
Toby is a writer . Just sayen !
Good job Captain ! Free autographed copies to the founding members on NDA ??? :;:smokin:;:smokin

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I will pay for an autographed copy, just cause of you being one of us, even though I never learned how to read

Captainbrad

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks guys. Writing a book is one of the worst experiences of my life and one of the best. This my 3rd book. The first two were not best sellers but have opened many doors for me in the fishing world.

Captainbrad

Founding Member
Founding Member
what are the other 2?

Cracking the Channel Catfish Code (2013) Original research into what makes catfish tick and how to better catch them through understanding.

We Don't Flush the Grass (2014) 50 short stories about growing up in the outdoors, people I have met and my boy coming up in the outdoors.

All are available on my web site. http://braddurickoutdoors.bigcartel.com/

Attachments

BDCC.JPG BookCoverImage.jpg
Last edited:

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thats pretty cool. Not sure what I would write about but i always thought it would cool to have authored one. Not to be nosey...well maybe a little, do these books provide a decent income?

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Is this YOU?...

St. Cloud homeowners find catfish in mailboxes

Residents trying to determine if it is fishy prank, or something serious

By Amanda Castro - Reporter
Posted: 5:50 PM, February 02, 2016Updated: 8:19 PM, February 02, 2016365

ST. CLOUD, Fla. - Several residents in Osceola County report finding catfish in their mailboxes and yards. They are not sure if this is a prank or something more serious.

Maddison Fertic received an unusual delivery Monday morning. She says when her postman arrived to deliver the mail he found a large, dead catfish inside her mailbox.

"I was honestly in shock because it doesn't make any sense," Fertic said. "It's just one of those things where it's just why?"

Fertic says it was 12 inches long and she had to use a stick to pull it out. She thinks the fish was still alive when it was put there.

"It looked like it could have been a live fish that somebody stuck in there and then it flopped around like fish do cause the whole mailbox is dirty," she said.

Fertic is not the only one to get the unwelcome mail. According to a Facebook page for Osceola County residents, two other people reported similar incidents this week. One resident reported finding a catfish in her mailbox and another says a fish was thrown into the yard of her St. Cloud home.

"I was kind of in shock that somebody would do that. It's not something you hear of every day," Fertic said.
Fertic says she lives in a quiet, family-friendly neighborhood. She thinks she is a random victim, adding no one else on her street was targeted. She believes this could be kids playing pranks, but she is worried the silly stunts could turn into bigger potential crimes.

"It starts with the catfish in the mailbox, but then it starts with breaking into a car. You never know where things escalate to," she said.

Fertic plans to file a report. She says she will keep an eye out for anyone else who receives a fishy delivery.
Copyright 2016 by WKMG ClickOrlando - All rights reserved.

Last edited:

Captainbrad

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ordered... Thanks Captainbrad !

Thank You, I saw it come through. Will send out as soon as they arrive.

- - - Updated - - -

Thats pretty cool. Not sure what I would write about but i always thought it would cool to have authored one. Not to be nosey...well maybe a little, do these books provide a decent income?

If someone would have asked me in high school english if I would write a book I would have said "HELL NO!"

To answer your question, I am not getting rich. In fact with the first book (catfish code) I am still disappointed with overall sales. That book however has opened many doors for me and that is worth something. It sells a few copies per month and still gets great reviews. I predict this new one being less technical will have a wider audience and be more useful to the novice angler than the other one was. This new one is meant to be a reference guide so it is already up for download from Kindle for phone or tablet.

Captainbrad

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well they finally showed up and the first batch was shipped out this morning. Now to hope the media likes it as much as me so it grow feet across catfish land.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 104
  • This month: 99
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 77
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 66