Spearing @ Bismarck

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
Going out for my first attempt at darkhouse/spearing over Valentines's weekend. Where does a guy from Bismarck head to? Just curious....

My first thought was Horsehead or Isabel.

I hope this isn't addictive. I need another set of toys like I need a hole in the head!

The reason why I'm trying this is I saw an icehouse for sale that has six holes and a covered opening for spearing. Now, do I need the versatility of that shanty??? Hmmmmm..... :;:huh

BotnoJoe

Founding Member
Founding Member
Going out for my first attempt at darkhouse/spearing over Valentines's weekend. Where does a guy from Bismarck head to? Just curious....

My first thought was Horsehead or Isabel.

I hope this isn't addictive. I need another set of toys like I need a hole in the head!

The reason why I'm trying this is I saw an icehouse for sale that has six holes and a covered opening for spearing. Now, do I need the versatility of that shanty??? Hmmmmm..... :;:huh

I find it very addictive, luckily it is a pretty inexpensive hobby. I recommend getting an ice saw though

TFX 186

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I find it very addictive, luckily it is a pretty inexpensive hobby. I recommend getting an ice saw though

I'm with Joe. The first time I did it I was hooked big time. Especially if you can find some decent sized fish!!

Fish On !

You

Founding Member
Founding Member
where would you take tip ups and smelt tomoro?

close to bisman preferably

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
People have been doing well on alkaline/Etta complex south of Dawson. Basically same body of water as Isabel but west of hwy

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well, we did get out and have a fun day. Watching those snot rockets attack your decoy, swim off only to return and come withing striking distance is truly an adrenaline rush!! Two of us speared a total of five pike. IMG_20160215_123041237.jpg

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 113
  • This month: 104
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 69