13 Hours- Film about Bengahzi

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
My better half and I decided to take in this film at the local show hall last nite. We really don't go to all that many shows but had nabbed some free tickets for movies somewhere along the line of buying raffle tickets for this and that so decided to take this one in. Most winning raffle ticket holders win neat stuff like guns and cars and trucks and stuff, we win movie tickets..but that is fodder for another day!
My Observations from a nite out at the movies:
1. If they are going to charge that much for popcorn, it would be nice if it tasted good.
2. I counted 8 friggen previews of up coming movies before 13 hours started! 8!! Not one I would want to go see I might add! Show time stated 7:05pm..after the 8 friggen previews I think it was closer to 7:35 before the show actually started.
3. In regards to #2, I think movie show halls should have liquor licenses..or at least a bar stool mountain bar a guy can go belly up to if a show sucked.
4. There was just the one show a nite of 13 Hours..I think it had been there about a week already. We were the ONLY people in our show.(Made me think of the shenanigans a couple could have gotten into back in the younger days! haha)Well still could have..but the movie was good..more on that later..haha I think there was like only 3 other cars in parking lot for the other 2 shows playing in our towns 3 screen cinema.
5. For as much as the left wing liberal nut jobs harp and harp and harp on gun control and altering the 2nd amendment of the right to bear arms, there sure was lots and lots and lots of shoot em up type violence in most of the 8 previews mentioned in #2 above. Of course they rant and rave about 1st amendment rights of free speech to make these movies. Besides..these movies aren't the problem..so says the left..especially the movie industry wack jobs in left wing debt ridden California.
6. Lastly, I would highly recommend taking in this film. It is outstanding the whole way through! Some critics and admin officials discredit the authenticity of it, but if most of this film is mostly true.. heads should have rolled on this. How the Administration at the White House could have sent out their talking points regarding this as this attack was caused by a video is beyond me!
My. 02

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
i love going to the movies. I go probably once or twice a month. Previews dont really bug me that bad i guess..

BotnoJoe

Founding Member
Founding Member
price of food is ridiculous at theatres. Snuck a whole papa johns pizza in tupperware once during the college days haha

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
I hate the movies. I'll wait till it shows up on prime or Netflix. Movie theater popcorn is normal awsome.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I like how 3Roosters complained about the 8 previews but gave us 15 paragraphs of complaining before he got to his review of the movie, which is what I came here to read.

:^)

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
I usually eat a good meal before I go to the movies. Sometimes I will have a little popcorn. Also, sometimes it's fun sneak some loud mouth soup in to liven up the place.

Biglunch

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wife and I go to a couple a year. We normally cant agree on pop and candy so end up spending way to much on concessions

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
3 Roosters, have you seen the Bret Baer interveiw with these guys?

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
3 Roosters, have you seen the Bret Baer interveiw with these guys?

I think I caught something regarding this a couple weeks back but my memory escapes me exactly what they said. Was it something about them being pissed about being told to STAND DOWN?

- - - Updated - - -

I like how 3Roosters complained about the 8 previews but gave us 15 paragraphs of complaining before he got to his review of the movie, which is what I came here to read.

:^)

yeah yeah yeah..hahaha but you didn't have to pay for popcorn to read it did ya?;:;popcorn;:;popcorn:;:

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
2016-02-04T062633Z_57505944_GF10000295574_RTRMADP_3_USA-ELECTION-CLINTON.JPG

257Bob

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't mind the previews, but I really miss the newsreels and color cartoons!

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
When the wife was prego she would have me make runs to the theater just to buy their popcorn.

Haha, I thought I was the only one!!

And pizza from Papa Murphys, but breadsticks from Pizza Hut. "yeah, I'll be back in an hour.."

Last edited:

dr_weather

Founding Member
Founding Member
Our little town theater charges $5 cover per person and has $2 popcorn. We get first run movies usually only a week or so after they open so not bad. Really have to love small town ND even with post-oil boom effects. btw, my family and I were in Tripoli when everything first started going pear-shaped (Arab Spring); got to see first hand how Hildebeast handled response of threats to Americans abroad. As the old adage goes, "I wouldn't cross the street to.......even if she were on fire."

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Mine wanted crab legs. All the time. Are you effing kidding me?

All things considered I would call that a win I love crab legs. Only down side would being broke and eating romen noodles the rest of the time.

Taylorman55

Founding Member
Founding Member
Our little town theater charges $5 cover per person and has $2 popcorn. We get first run movies usually only a week or so after they open so not bad. Really have to love small town ND even with post-oil boom effects. "

The little theater that I go to movies at (Hebron ND) runs $7 per person. Popcorn is fresh and fairly cheap also. For about $20, the wife and I get a big popcorn and a few sodas. Most people don't even know Hebron has a movie theater, and its actually really nice!

If any of you guys want to get out of Bismarck or are in the area, and want to support a smaller town type theater, head west/east on over to Hebron. They usually get the newer movies since the owners brother owns one of the theaters in Bismarck. Super nice people, and its usually not crazy busy. Movies run Friday, Sat and Sunday nights. If you make it, hit me up and Ill buy you a beer next door to the theater right after the movie. Make sure to bring cash to the theater, because I don't think they take cards.

Taylorman

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
mrs johnr and I snuck a jug of Bacardi into the theater one time, we watched shallow hal and ended up calling a cab to get home, and renting the movie 6 months later to see how it ended....haha. I was pie eyed half way through.
We haven't done that since.

She was a good, clean, God fearing woman prior to running into the likes of me...

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
My wife and I went with out son in Boseman the night it came out. The place was packed and the lady on the other side from my wife cried half of the show.
The popcorn sucks after the liberals decided theaters could not have coconut oil anymore. You should have tasted the popcorn about 1962. The stuff I ate that night tasted like it had been popped in 1962.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 153
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 79