Verado HP Gains

MarbleEyez

Founding Member
Founding Member
Have a 250 Verado. Anyone ever have their ECU (computer chips) chips re-flashed? Was toying with the idea but not 100% sold on it yet.

Wild and Free

Founding Member
Founding Member
Had the ecm flashed on my 150 Yamaha to gain a bit more, what I got was a lot smoother running engine a lot better fuel economy it starts better but the engine is maxed out to the point I didn't gain more than about 150 rpms top end but it was worth it. I am underpowered for the size of pontoon I have, the 150 is the minimum hp for my toon so I was trying to go the cheap route, I am happy overall and would recommend anyone thinking about it to go ahead you will not be disappointed. Have heard nothing but good about them and I am happy as well.

This is where I sent it to be done, I am on several other boating forums and this is the only company that came highly recommended.
http://simonmotorsports.com/

Last edited:

MarbleEyez

Founding Member
Founding Member
That's the company I was going to use. What did it cost you roughly? I've heard that if you have this done to a 250 it you end up with 315-325hp.

Wild and Free

Founding Member
Founding Member
It was 600 bucks. I have not followed the Merc stuff but I could see that if one went with other supporting mods to the engine but I doubt a reflash would get you that much.

My 150 is a lot snappier out of the hole now too and has a smoother power band than when it was stock.

Last edited:

gonefshn

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had a 250 Verado that I replaced the ECM with a 275. It gave me about 3-4 mph. But overall it performed better throughout the range. Just keep in mind that if it's still on warranty you will have issues. Also, if you go above the rated hp for the boat you'll be operating it illegally and have insurance and other issues if you get in an accident or the local warden hears about it from someone.

Founding Member
Founding Member
You have your choice of HP with the 250 and yes 300 and 325 is an option. Works slick on 620s when you figure out the prop and stuff like this one.
:)

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I believe you're traveling above the posted speed limit. I don't care much about hole shot. When you're boat goes 10 mph fast than everyone else in the field, you can be the fat kid at take off.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
My boat goes 43 with 40 gallons of gas and 3 people. I guess i wouldnt be very competitive in those fishing tourneys (i mean boat races ) hehe.

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah, and I'm sure his hole-shot is real great with that 28p Prop he has on there!

Ha ha holeshot, whats that like 10 seconds of a 20 mile run? I have a buddy that has a 620 with the 325, it won't go quite 72 but it has the most vicious holeshot of any walleye boat you have ever been in. It almost jumps out of the damn water, its impressive.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
31 mph boys. read it.......as you fly by and almost capsize me with your wake.

- - - Updated - - -

I was also wondering if reflashing your ECU would void your warranty.....yes/no?

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
I use to fish bass --- I never had a fast boat; just a an old fishing boat. But I will never forget our little tourneys that we would have; first of all it was always some guy with a 14 footer that would win 9.9 that he would travel about 100 yards from the ramp; and we would always have some guy show up with his decked out lund (that was "the" walleye boat back then; largest fricken merc you could buy in the day (225 or something) every toy imaginable and he would try to out run the bass club boys and fail. It just has to suck to see a guy pull up with 75 or more less horses shoot a rooster tail in your face when he blows by.

http://www.allthelyrics.com/lyrics/...cks_will_go-lyrics-1124925.html#ixzz3zFPCWU81

It's a wonder a fella can sit down and eat,
His ham an' eggs or his bread an' meat,
With a good lookin' woman like that around,
On the go.
First thing you know, you start to fidget an' fussin',
Nudgin' one another instead of discussin',
Just how she wiggles when she walks an' stuff like that,
An' how fast them walleye boats go. :;:cheers

Wild seriously 6 bills to make the toon go a few miles faster.

Wild and Free

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am my own warranty and repair center.:;:rockit Mine was off warranty already when I did it.

Short hairs It was for more than just speed, I am a motor head to start with and was looking for better overall performance and that I got in several ways. I figure with the much better fuel economy I get and how many hours a year I put on my rig I have probably saved a good portion of that in money spent on fuel already in the last few years.

Last edited:

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member

- - - Updated - - -

I am my own warranty and repair center.:;:rockit Mine was off warranty already when I did it.

Short hairs It was for more than just speed, I am a motor head to start with and was looking for better overall performance and that I got in several ways. I figure with the much better fuel economy I get and how many hours a year I put on my rig I have probably saved a good portion of that in money spent on fuel already in the last few years.

I agree --- I raised my motor twice and contemplated a new prop and momma wasn't happy with that.

Founding Member
Founding Member
With Basscat building Yars now I can see the 400 on the 219 soon I'm betting.

Basscat400.jpg

Sub_Elect

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would guess it's gonna end up on the Warrior. They already have a 350 on the 208. My next boat is coming with the 350 Verado, 400 is just a tune away. I will never do it, I can get enough speed from how I set my boats up with custom props and weight distribution that I won't tune it.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 115
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74