Smoked Bison ribs

eklindworth

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would like to try smoking some bison ribs this weekend with the weather being nice. I have an electric Masterbuilt and various wood chips. I'm planning on a dry rub of some sort and end with BBQ sauce on the grill?

This will be my first time doing ribs and wanted to know general time frame and temp from the more experienced smokers here. And what not to do.

Any other tips or wisdom would be appreciated as well.

Thanks NDA experts. :;:help

ek

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not a lot of fat in them so be damn careful not to let them dry out. Very low and slow sir.

Colonel Angus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Did a bunch (80 lbs) one time in the smokehouse for a bachelor party. Had them in there about 10 hours at 200. Should have had more water as they were a little chewy, but they got ate.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Has anyone else put ribs in tinfoil pan and poured beer over them while they are cooking ? Once in awhile I get a craving for a steak cooked on very high heat and fight the fire with a bush light or a chelada

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
Brats, not ribs. Sometimes use a spray bottle to put apple juice on them though.

ItemB

Founding Member
Founding Member
Here is what I would do don't know if it is the right way or how they will turn outI as I have never cooked bison ribs . Rub with your choice of rub
Smoke @ around 225 3 or so hours depending on size to get a smoke flavor Then put ribs into a pan with some sort of liquid in the bottom cover with tin foil back in smoker for 2-3 hours.
When close to done within last hour take out of pan and put back in smoker to firm up.
Times are all guesstimate this how I have cooked beef ribs before that turned out pretty good

Last edited:

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
I like to put in smoker at 200 for 3 hrs. I put them on my jerky racks. Then wrap in foil and add apple juice. Put in over for a couple more hours at 200. I take them out of the oven when I can grab a bone and it pulls off the meat.

eklindworth

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks guys. Will let you know how they turned out.
Have a safe weekend.

ek

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 100
  • This month: 97
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74