AR-15

Motohunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
So I am new to the world of AR's and just had a few questions. First off I'm looking to not spend more then $800 and wondering if there are any brands that ae better or any that should be avoided? I would also like to know what options I should be looking at getting with a base model. It will be used mostly for plinking but also for some prarie dog and coyote hunting. I was looking at armalite but dpms and the Ruger m&p don't look like bad options either. Any input would be awesome.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
First question: are you open to purchasing a firearm online and having it shipped or are to intent to pay retail and buy locally? $800 will buy you a lot more gun online than it will buy you in a store.

- - - Updated - - -

Fast forward: for $800 or less, your best option is an Adams Arms mid-length AR15. Thread over.

- - - Updated - - -

http://youtu.be/H3TVsekcFWo

Motohunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Definitely don't want to pay full retail locally that's why I was interested in what's out there if I can't actually see it in person. I will definitely look into this one . Thanks

ISELLGUNS

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am $15 over wholesale. You can get several good ones for $800 or just a hair more.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wish this would've come up a few days ago. I had one for sale for $675.

.308 Adams Arms will run about $1k to $1,100. To get an affordable Adams Arms 223/5.56, buy the upper and lower receiver separately. No assembly required, just push in two pins with your thumb. You over pay by about $125 if you buy the complete rifle.

Mid-length Upper receiver: http://www.joeboboutfitters.com/Ada..._Upper_16_Piston_Up_p/adams-ua-16-m-b-556.htm

Lower receivers are in limited stock right now (thanks Obama!) so prices are higher. Normally you can get an assembled lower from Surplus Ammo & Arms, Palmetto State Armory, or about 100 other vendors for about $170 shipped.

- - - Updated - - -

I am $15 over wholesale. You can get several good ones for $800 or just a hair more.
This seems like a great option!! (Please change your damn avatar.)

ISELLGUNS

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wish this would've come up a few days ago. I had one for sale for $675.

.308 Adams Arms will run about $1k to $1,100. To get an affordable Adams Arms 223/5.56, buy the upper and lower receiver separately. No assembly required, just push in two pins with your thumb. You over pay by about $125 if you buy the complete rifle.

Mid-length Upper receiver: http://www.joeboboutfitters.com/Ada..._Upper_16_Piston_Up_p/adams-ua-16-m-b-556.htm

Lower receivers are in limited stock right now (thanks Obama!) so prices are higher. Normally you can get an assembled lower from Surplus Ammo & Arms, Palmetto State Armory, or about 100 other vendors for about $170 shipped.

- - - Updated - - -

This seems like a great option!! (Please change your damn avatar.)

You don't like my wife?

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I guess I have an Adams Arms AR for sale after all. Buddy found a handgun he's going to buy instead. So if anybody needs one for $675...

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Complete AR lower receiver for $159. Not a steal but it'll do. Grab one before they're out of stock.

jr2280

Founding Member
Founding Member
PSA has them for $159 but there are better deals to be had than that one.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member

spyder250

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just picked up a PSA "blemished" lower and a PTAC rifle build kit from PSA. Out the door with FFL transfer fee it ran me 500 even. I couldn't find any dings or blemishes on either the upper or lower. Took it out on Saturday, but it was too windy to sight it in. It cycled and shot great and I will be taking it out this weekend again. Much more friendly on the wallet going that direction.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 102
  • This month: 99
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 77
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 66