vehicle rod storage/holders

Tikka280ai

Founding Member
Founding Member
rod holder.jpg

Just saw this on google. Not a bad idea that could be tweaked and made to fit onto the roof of a topper in one way or another

Batman4277

I have one in my 97 suburban. they are very nice. had it my 90 suburban. Am thinking about putting one in my enclosed trailer also. keep my rod in there almost year round.

huffranger

Founding Member
Founding Member
This is how I hauled rods last summer. The socks make it easy to separate out whatever I want to grab.

Attachments

image.jpg

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
This is how I hauled rods last summer. The socks make it easy to separate out whatever I want to grab.
Where the heck did you find those socks? They look like something Payne Stewart would wear.. Argyle..

Honestly though, where'd you get them. Mine are all black, but I like the idea of some different colors, so separate more easily.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Years ago I tried those things and found that when I had reels on the rods, they would crack into one another while I was driving and when I would stop to get bait, sodas, or whatever, my equipment would get real hot sitting at the top of the vehicle. I also found that with my vehicle (Jeep Grand Cherokee), that while loading and unloading coolers and other equipment, I would oftentimes hit the reels or rod handles with my head or other equipment. Maybe I'm just a clutz, but I'm not real partial to leaving my stuff in a car to bake, boil, get covered in dust and dirt, and then get banged around when I'm not fishing so I gave up that method of transport. Maybe they've improved the product since then, but it looks the same to me.

huffranger

Founding Member
Founding Member

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
oh boy!! It's beginning to LOOK A LOT LIKE CHRISTMAS (to be sung to the tune of "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas")

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 167
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 77