hog hunting

arrowdem

Founding Member
Founding Member
I can't tell you why, but i have always had this desire to go out and shoot a bunch of wild pigs.. now doing some research on this and that some places are asking stupid amounts of money to go and shoot a feral pig that is nothing but a nuisance on their land, so im sure there is someone on here that has a connection or knows more about somewhere you can go down and shoot a ton of them and not have a pay like you are on a damn whitetail hunt!

TFX 186

★★★★★ Legendary Member
All I've ever heard is how destructive these wild pigs are and how the landowners just hate them. I've looked on the internet to find some places to go and hunt them and can't seem to find the landowner willing to have you come and do some damage without paying big $ for hunting. Boy, couldn't a bunch of guys from around this country go down and do some major damage on wild pigs for some Joe landowner to help him control his problem? He would have wild pig for his BBQ every Sunday! Let us know if you come up with something. Sounds like a blast. Good Luck! Might be one of those......found a guy that knows a guy who might let you hunt and you won't know for sure till you get there. :(

Fish On !

arrowdem

Founding Member
Founding Member
there ya go.. thats definitely one much more on the cheaper end of things there wags, and throw in a dove hunt for another 50 bucks.. that would be an awesome time for $500 seems decently affordable, but ya i was thinking someone with a shit ton of hogs that wants them gone give him $100 bucks for the trouble and kill them all and have a place to butcher them up, boom done, drink beer have a good time...

- - - Updated - - -

Vdawg we need to do an NDA hog hunt, you set up some sponsers to get us down there and a place to hunt and ill bring the beer!

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a former co-worker from TX that I can go down and hunt hogs with anytime I want. He hunts the hell out of em. He loves to shoot the 40-80 lb hogs, says they are by far the best eating. Old Sows and Boars are horrible.

Flinger

Founding Member
Founding Member
Do your research if u go. Some are small areas of high fence hunting some big areas high fence, and some are open. They don't state any of this on mist TX hunts cuz it's standard practice. From my experience the farther south the better it was. Several dry droughts knocked there numbers down.
If u think you're gunna go down there and kill 15 hogs yourself in 3-4 days you are in for a surprise. The areas that have good hog numbers are so thick with crap you'll never get to them and every plant has thorns. A lot of people trap them down there to make money. Not saying u can't find a landowner just saying they aren't complaining as much.
For $500 u can find a good hunt though but make sure to call and research. Also depends if u want several eater hogs or looking more for a trophy.

Wild and Free

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a former co-worker from TX that I can go down and hunt hogs with anytime I want. He hunts the hell out of em. He loves to shoot the 40-80 lb hogs, says they are by far the best eating. Old Sows and Boars are horrible.

I have a good friend south of Ft Worth who sits in his back yard and shoots the heck out of them. He also knows several large land owners who let him take as many as he wants and I am welcome anytime I want to come with. Another bucket list item to scratch off one of these days.:;:thumbsup

fullrut

Founding Member
Founding Member
I can't tell you why, but i have always had this desire to go out and shoot a bunch of wild pigs.. now doing some research on this and that some places are asking stupid amounts of money to go and shoot a feral pig that is nothing but a nuisance on their land, so im sure there is someone on here that has a connection or knows more about somewhere you can go down and shoot a ton of them and not have a pay like you are on a damn whitetail hunt!

You already have the connection(s). You just have to ask the right person. Write it off as business travel.

ItemB

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was thinking the local bar but alas not the hogs your chasing

Ha...Yep go down to your local watering hole and spend about $50-$100 on drinks and I bet unfortunately you end up hog hunting.;:;boozer:;:cheers;)

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Five of us used to rent a house together at college. Every month we would have a hoggin contest. whoever slept with the biggest chick that month got out of the rent payment. the rest picked it up lol

Wild and Free

Founding Member
Founding Member
Five of us used to rent a house together at college. Every month we would have a hoggin contest. whoever slept with the biggest chick that month got out of the rent payment. the rest picked it up lol

demotivational-posters-funny-posters-demotivating-posters-humor-medal-soldier-wife-bride-ugly-woman-husband-medal-of-honor-.jpg

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member

im proud to say i havent cracked the 130 lb mark. Is fat-phobia a thing? must be.

arrowdem

Founding Member
Founding Member
im proud to say i havent cracked the 130 lb mark. Is fat-phobia a thing? must be.

i think it must be cause i think i have it too then...

- - - Updated - - -

I definitely want to go again. Work gets in the way though.

so how do you do it when you are down there? do you call one of the guys on the farm down there and have them bait and area then go and hammer them or how does it work?

fullrut

Founding Member
Founding Member
i think it must be cause i think i have it too then...

so how do you do it when you are down there? do you call one of the guys on the farm down there and have them bait and area then go and hammer them or how does it work?

- - - Updated - - -
Jallo has a "ranch" where he parks his truck. 880 fenced acres about 20 miles from the farm. The owner lets him stay there and shoot as many hogs as he wants. The owner runs cattle and deer hunts off the property. I've hunted it. Kill all the hogs and snakes you want. Some years we have to hire a trapper to handle the hogs in the fields. Our guys eat mostly hog on the farm. Ask Jared, he was with me the first time I was at Jallo's honey hole. Didn't get to shoot that trip, but a nice tour at least. Our assistant manager is a life long local, he knows enough land owners to get hogs also.

- - - Updated - - -

IMG00641-20120415-0737.jpgIMG00553-20120301-1737.jpgIMG00658-20120415-1843.jpg

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 162
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84