2 nights a week, for 4 weeks

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Both kids passed hunters safety tonight. My son was on the young side so the instructors wanted me to sit with him for the classes.
Two more north dakota trained hunters added to the lotteries tonight...haha
It was a long month, but worth every minute when the smiles on the kids could about be seen in Montana

Last edited:

jer79

Founding Member
Founding Member
congrats, and way to go for the kids. and you for encouraging a worthwhile and rewarding hobby

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
My CONGRATULATIONS to them both!!!! Opening day will take on a whole new meaning........enjoy it!!!

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
That's a MINIMUM of 4 new gun shopping trips!! New shotgun and new rifle for each of them.

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Johnr - The next few years will be the best of your life. The "father" time you spend in the field with them over the next 5-10 years is what will make them outdoorsmen and develop them (more than you realize) as outstanding young men and women.

Cherish it...before you know it they are off to college and you'll find yourself only hoping they can make it home on the weekends to hunt and fish with you.

all4eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Best times are yet to be had. Carry a camera on the youth hunting weekends and get the action shots. Have many nice pics of my kids in the field from doing this. Memories they will never forget are upon them. Congrats to all of you.

Southren boy

Founding Member
Founding Member
1958579_10151984783573030_1297520927_n.jpg

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dang they really go a long time up there unless it has changed down here it was a 6 hour class on saturday then go out and shoot some clays at the trap range and done.

Callem'In

Founding Member
Founding Member
Congrats....There is nothing better than taking your kids with and teaching them what our outdoors is all about. The experiences will be remembered for ever. Just remember, they will learn to be respectful of the land and land owners by your actions and will copy what you teach them.

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Both kids passed hunters safety tonight. My son was on the young side so the instructors wanted me to sit with him for the classes.
Two more north dakota trained hunters added to the lotteries tonight...haha
It was a long month, but worth every minute when the smiles on the kids could about be seen in Montana

Congrats on them passing the class. How old are they? Here in AZ they can take the class at 9 but they can't hunt until they're 10.

I'm an instructor here and love having kids in the class looking forward to going out to hunt. Class here is a minimum of 24 hours. How long is it there?

NodakBuckeye

Founding Member
Founding Member
Good times! My wife just passed hers and the 2 oldest will waterfowl with us and take the class when old enough to put in for deer. Told the girls if they like duck that much they needed to help procure the main ingredient. At this point, my kids like venison and duck better than beef.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
ND requires children attend 16 hours of hunter safety, and pass a written exam, and a practical hands on one.

They must be turning 11 within the year they attend the class, other than that I believe no other requirements are needed.

adults can take the class online and just take the tests in front of a certified instructor.

Fish whisperer

Founding Member
Founding Member
My oldest daughter starts her classes on Monday...can't wait to spend time out in the stand with her this fall waiting for an opportunity at her first deer.

sweeney

Founding Member
Founding Member
Never really understood why there was an age limit, yet you could hunt before you had hunter safety, if you were young enough.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 136
  • This month: 127
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 85
  • This month: 77