Oahe Ice

1dogdown

Founding Member
Founding Member
Does anyone have a relatively current ice report on Oahe? Was thinking of trying down by Fort Yates and pulling my house out with a 4 wheeler. Just curious if anyone knows what the edges where like before this cold spell?

USMCDI

Founding Member
Founding Member
Does anyone have a relatively current ice report on Oahe? Was thinking of trying down by Fort Yates and pulling my house out with a 4 wheeler. Just curious if anyone knows what the edges where like before this cold spell?

I wouldn't, 4 inches at the channel.

tinker

Founding Member
Founding Member
was just at ft yates and ice was great. prob 20" where we were. a guy took his smaller permanent quite a ways out to main channel with a wheeler..watch the pressure ridges though.

You

Founding Member
Founding Member
a guy took his smaller permanent quite a ways out to main channel with a wheeler..watch the pressure ridges though.

image.jpg

riverfisher

Founding Member
Founding Member
South of beaver guys are out a ways with full size trucks ice was 14 to 20 inche were I was traveling today. We took a small truck completely across no issues

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Supposed to be 60 here on Thursday will 50's next four days with some rain mixed in with this fresh snow on top and melting that will be a game ender. Pretty much no ice from Gettysburg bridge South at this point.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyone been out in the last day or two? I fear tomorrow is going to do some serious damage to the ice with temps in the fifty's and winds the same. We haven't had more then a handful of hours in the last few days where we have been below 32. Hitting her sat but probably scratching her off the list soon after I would guess and will have to head north east if I want to scratch the ice fishing itch.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Looks like alot of slush will be interesting what happens down here tomorrow

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
I see they are calling for winds over 70 out west of you. 60 degree temps with that wind would kill the ice on most lakes in vary short order. But I'm jacked up for a little ice off big mama pike fishing this spring. Next weekend might not be a bad time to get the tipups out and hit the back bays near the creek mouths. One door closes another one opens.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thing I noticed edges are getting real bad with all the run off and lake coming up. Guess it is supposed to come up 2 feet

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 162
  • This month: 140
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 124
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 80