Whispering Bay

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't want to fish it just curious what they catch for the most part back in there. Also have the game and fish ever gone down there and busted the people for crossing posted property?

Lostlunker

Founding Member
Founding Member
Are you talking about where they put that new bridge in down by Fox Island if so I've caught Walleye,Bluegill, and a bunch of decent Northern last summer and I've never been harassed for fishing on the posted property.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah that would be the one. Blue gill huh ....ever catch any large mouths down in the bays. Run into them somewhat often when I way back in the flooded grass well carp hunting but never fishing. There used to be a small pond just south of the main street bridge that I fished when a kid and we got bass, crappie, perch, pumpkin seeds and a few other oddballs. They all got stuck in there each spring when the spot would flood out then drop away. Thats always been my favorite thing about the river is you just never know what the hell you're going to catch.

Lostlunker

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah that would be the one. Blue gill huh ....ever catch any large mouths down in the bays. Run into them somewhat often when I way back in the flooded grass well carp hunting but never fishing. There used to be a small pond just south of the main street bridge that I fished when a kid and we got bass, crappie, perch, pumpkin seeds and a few other oddballs. They all got stuck in there each spring when the spot would flood out then drop away. Thats always been my favorite thing about the river is you just never know what the hell you're going to catch.

I've caught decent lm's in Lakewood back during the flood and nice smallies at Lost lake during the summer. I've always wanted to ice fish Lost lake but never tried to get down there. I've heard of people ice fishing at Lost lake so it must be possible to make it down there I would just hate to get stuck back in there. Thats another place a guy can catch pretty much catch any species under the sun.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've caught decent lm's in Lakewood back during the flood and nice smallies at Lost lake during the summer. I've always wanted to ice fish Lost lake but never tried to get down there. I've heard of people ice fishing at Lost lake so it must be possible to make it down there I would just hate to get stuck back in there. Thats another place a guy can catch pretty much catch any species under the sun.

Lost lake took a hell of a beating durning the flood with big chunks of it getting filled in. Haven't been back there in a couple years but it was a pain going around it since the old road was gone back then. As for ice fishing bass I keep meaning to hit my folks yard since that lake is flipping loaded with both large and small mouths but for some reason I never do. Anyone ever try for crappies around some of the big boat docks in any of the bays?

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Diaper bay used to be LOADED w/panfish as was the bay made by all the rocks N of I-94. I was in Marina Bay a few years back and there was about 2 jillion Gar in there.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 121
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 97
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 73