Old Fashioned

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I recently had one of the best cocktails of my life. I am on the hunt for the ingredients. The amarena cherry has ruined maraschinos for me. ;:;banghead

Just thought you folks should know.

092314_Old_Fashioned_Blog-211-620x400.jpg

This season, we’re keeping it simple and showcasing our favourite classic cocktails. Known as the original cocktail and the most sophisticated of them all, the Old Fashioned was originally made with whisky, water, bitters and sugar. Staying true to its roots, we’ve carefully crafted this bold classic with warm flavours of Bulleit bourbon, angostura bitters and sugar. Served over an extra-large ice cube with an amarena cherry, this is the perfect drink to ease into autumn.

- - - Updated - - -

https://talesofthecocktail.com/products/cocktail-cherry-worthy-manhattan

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
damn... i thought this was gonna be a post Valentine's day reference to south park, the shake weight and a different kind of old fashion. but, this will do. they are one of my favorite cocktails and i don't order them enough. be careful where you order them though. like a lot of cocktails, if the ingredients aren't in almost perfect proportion, they can be tough to handle.

Last edited:

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Low hanging fruit:

Guywhoaskedforit: Old is the only kind of "Fashion" you're able to produce.

ItemB

Founding Member
Founding Member
[video]http://southpark.cc.com/clips/shj9it/a-nice-ol-fashioned[/video]

Guy, I think we all enjoy a good old fashioned no matter what the meaning of it is.

Last edited:

Chas'n Tail

Founding Member
Founding Member
Grandpa's special. Start with 1-2 teaspoons of white sugar. Add a couple hits of bitter. Mix well. Add 1-2 shots of southern comfort. Top with Canadian dry club soda, leave 1/2 inch from top. Add cherry and cherry juice to flavor. Mix well. Guaranteed to please.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
A 3 finger Manhattan is my favorite old time cocktail.
2 shots of George Dickle rye 90 proof whiskey, one shoot dry vermouth, 3 shakes of bitters, in a low ball glass with three cubes of ice and 2 cherries.
2 glasses will relax ya, 4 will pass your ass out, 5 has been done a couple times, 6 should be illegal.

KJND

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am with Juan... Manhattan's are my drink of choice. Although i prefer barrel proof bourbon (Stagg Jr, Knob Creek Single Barrel, Turkey Rare Breed, etc...) to his Rye. Rye is just too sweet to my tastes to add vermouth too, although i will do it on occasion but will be very Rye heavy 4:1-5:1 type ratio. Have not tried the amarena cherries but do like the luxardo's quite a bit.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
They have classes for people like you guys! ;:;rofl ;:;boozer:;:cheers

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
To clarify - I have had a dozen or so Old Fashioneds and hundreds of Manhattans. But there was something magical about the ingredients and approach to this one in Vancouver.

The Bulleit has been obtained (on sale at Happy's). Shopping locally for the Amarena cherries but will likely be forced to Amazon them.

#amarenasarethetrufflesaltofcherries

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't believe anyone should question their sexuality on this thread. It may be a medical condition.

th

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'd like to post a funny internet meme, but it would probably get Vollmer's peepee slapped by Google again. Kind of an anti-old-fashioned.

7mmMag

Founding Member
Founding Member
A tall Coors Light with some green olives.....thats my kind of cocktail

NodakBuckeye

Founding Member
Founding Member
I hear of old fashioned and I think of "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World" the airplane seen with Mickey Rooney, Buddy Hackett and Jim Backus. "You call that an Old Fashioned?".. "now I'll make an Old Fashioned the old fashioned way like dear old dad used to!"

Last edited:

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
2 oz bourbon
1 oz simple sugar
2 dashes bitters
2 dashes orange bitters
orange peel zest
lemon peel zest
serve ice cold

How I prefer my old fashioneds. I think I wil go have one now.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 167
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 77