ND State Wrestling

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Does any members have family wrestling this weekend? I have four cousins going to state so good luck to those.

Colonel Angus

Founding Member
Founding Member
My son is the class B 285 for Central Cass. Kind of a bummer to be a 4 seed and be in Michael Kelly's bracket, but what can ya do. He's been having a great year and wish him the best of luck. Can't wait for the tournament!

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'll be there, in my stripes, with my whistle.

- - - Updated - - -

My son is the class B 285 for Central Cass. Kind of a bummer to be a 4 seed and be in Michael Kelly's bracket, but what can ya do. He's been having a great year and wish him the best of luck. Can't wait for the tournament!

Just had a kid in who is in the same situation. Told him he has to win anyway so what's the difference between doing it in the semi's or finals.

Overall, should be a great tournament. I always enjoy this weekend considering good wrestlers make for a better match as well as easier to call.

Colonel Angus

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'll be there, in my stripes, with my whistle.

- - - Updated - - -

Just had a kid in who is in the same situation. Told him he has to win anyway so what's the difference between doing it in the semi's or finals.

Overall, should be a great tournament. I always enjoy this weekend considering good wrestlers make for a better match as well as easier to call.

Exactly! If there is one thing I've learned from the sport of wrestling it's that anything can happen.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
that, and you will have messed up ears for life.

Not if you wear headgear. Pretty positive my first singlet fit over a diaper and I don't have cauliflower ear. Didn't wear it for ONE freestyle tournament and took an elbow to the ear. The headgear went back on after that.

westwolfone

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not if you wear headgear. Pretty positive my first singlet fit over a diaper and I don't have cauliflower ear. Didn't wear it for ONE freestyle tournament and took an elbow to the ear. The headgear went back on after that.

I was a 16 seed (out of 16) my Junior year. Got beat something like 29-9. Didn't get pinned though and team won state.

Wrestled since I was 5 thru high school and never had cauliflower ear.

Ponyroper

Founding Member
Founding Member
Pretty sure I'm related to everyone in Napoleon so I'm probably related to all five who are going. :;:rockit

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Because the NDHSAA sells livestream on the internet. :mad:

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Why won't they let BEK televise it anymore, really used to look forward to it on TV

ndhsaa signed a contract with someone that barred double coverage by bek. you can pay to watch it now which, for some reason, makes more sense to the high school activities association. I'm with you, I miss the bek coverage. I've been fortunate enough to be chosen to officiate at the last two so I end up having the best seat in the house. I must be in rowdies way cause he keeps yelling at me all the time.

NPO_Aaron

Founding Member
Founding Member
Luckily for me, my ears are still fine as well. Wrestled a kid from napoleon in the finals my senior year. He made me look like I'd never wrestled before...

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have one ear cauliflower, tried draining three times. Good luck to your son CA

- - - Updated - - -

Hoping Brayden Horgan wins as well as all the other North Border grizzlies

Last edited:

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you wear your headgear in practice, you'll cut down the chances of getting cauliflower ear. But those D1 guys go so hard and so much, that even with one on, you can still get one. There're like a badge anyway.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yes Rowdie that is correct about the head gear, 80s 90s we had cliff keen halo head gear. They wear actually worse then not wearing them at all.
$_3.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

$_1.JPG

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
Back when I reported on such things, I went to three ND State tournaments in a row.

I'll preface this with the fact that I had many preconceived notions prior to actually watching wrestling.

Anyway, each year I thoroughly enjoyed myself. While I officially covered West Fargo (during the whole Lehman transfer controversy), it was impossible not to get sucked into the drama that unfolded from schools and towns I'd never even heard of. Man, you get two or three hot matches going at once, and those sections of screaming fans become unglued. What a riot.

I'd recommend that state tournament to anyone, regardless if you're a wrestling fan or, hell, sports fan period.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Back when I reported on such things, I went to three ND State tournaments in a row.

I'll preface this with the fact that I had many preconceived notions prior to actually watching wrestling.

Anyway, each year I thoroughly enjoyed myself. While I officially covered West Fargo (during the whole Lehman transfer controversy), it was impossible not to get sucked into the drama that unfolded from schools and towns I'd never even heard of. Man, you get two or three hot matches going at once, and those sections of screaming fans become unglued. What a riot.

I'd recommend that state tournament to anyone, regardless if you're a wrestling fan or, hell, sports fan period.
Do tell I don't know the story about Lehman, are you talking about Travis

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 75