SwimBaits

Tikka280ai

Founding Member
Founding Member
anybody use any of the pre-rigged swim baits during the spring walleye fishing. I have used them for a few years but never seem to have much luck on them compared to a lead head jig and a mister twister grub.

Here are a few examples

Storm-WSS-Swimbait-11578.jpg

s7_124917_renderset_03

NRTH-MM1.jpg

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
The Mimics on the bottom are fish-catching summbitches.

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
Most guys that use swim baits fish them way to fast for the spring bite imo. It's tough to beat a 1/8 jig and a minnow in the spring.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
tikka243, I use the 4 1/2 inch saltwater assassins or walleye assassins all summer long for walleyes in the Sheyenne and the couple of times I hit DL with a friend. They are a dynamite bait. I normally don't get the pre rigged kind as one northern pike will shred the tail and then I have to retie. With the assassins I just put a new one on and keep rippin lips. If you have time, roll on over and I'll show you what I mean. Smallies love them swim baits too!! (Evil :;:muahaha)

Bri-guy

Founding Member
Founding Member
June walleyes LOVE swim baits. And I don't have to shed a tear every time a pike cuts me off like I do when fishing a No. 5 rap. Just tie a new one on. Buy the heads whenever Scheels has northland gear on sale. Get a few packs of walleye assasin bodies and have fun. I have also had good luck with gulp bodies.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm going to give this pork thing a try this year. I'm guessing the juice it's packed in will turn me off of these things, but if they will stay on the hook better while resisting the shredding machines of pike, it just might be worth it.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
fools

- - - Updated - - -

hope your favorite pitching grounds are filled to capacity this season

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
fools

- - - Updated - - -

hope your favorite pitching grounds are filled to capacity this season

Ha most walleye fisherman i talk to try it for about a dozen casts then say "this sucks" and go back to trolling bottom bouncers.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
You can make a fairly effective swim bait from fresh pike bellies, cut it into strips and it swims really nice in the water, stays on a hook really well also. Not sure its legal in ND tho.... So dont break the law!!!

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm going to give this pork thing a try this year. I'm guessing the juice it's packed in will turn me off of these things, but if they will stay on the hook better while resisting the shredding machines of pike, it just might be worth it.

I was just going to remind you of that! I think/hope you'll be impressed. I BELIEVE they'll withstand pike better. It has the feel of slimy wet toilet paper or worn Fireline but is tough as a leather belt.

- - - Updated - - -

Donkey Balls!! Why don't you just post up GPS coordinates while you're at it.

So people can catch you guys in urethra play with that thing?

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
You can make a fairly effective swim bait from fresh pike bellies, cut it into strips and it swims really nice in the water, stays on a hook really well also. Not sure its legal in ND tho.... So dont break the law!!!

Something I'm sure I will try.

:::

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Carolina those without weights and now you have an effective deeper water bait.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
early ice out on the Missouri south of Bismarck with a 1/4 jig head and a baitwell full of little minners is about as much fun as a guy can handle.
never tried pike bellies though.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 141
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 112
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 86