Fatality?

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
has anybody heard any info on a possible fatality on skunk bay today? The text is got says a four wheeler went down with a guy. Just wondering if it's true or Internet BS?

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
I heard 4 wheeler. One guy they brought a team in to look for and one got airlifted out. Jesus for horrible. Tourney this weekend I think dunno if that was a part of it or not. ��

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
I heard 4 wheeler. One guy they brought a team in to look for and one got airlifted out. Jesus for horrible. Tourney this weekend I think dunno if that was a part of it or not. ��
Was afraid it might be true.. the text i got said that the tournament was cancelled.

tinker

Founding Member
Founding Member
from a facebook post, a guy said it was his uncle that passed.........Tragic news is spreading through the ice fishing community that an unfortunate accident happened down at Skunk Bay on Sakakawe today. Not sure of how many were involved but sounds like an ATV went down and sadly one guy didn't make it out. Please stay safe folks, the ice is very unpredictable at this point.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
PLEASE weigh risk vs reward. I'm sure this individual didn't wake up for a day of fishing thinking this is; "My day of death". I realize there's two thoughts on safety. It's imperative IMHO not to shock your loved ones into grief or to be ridiculed later by first responders.

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
Horrible news. I don't even know what to think or say. That's some terrible news. Prayers to the family.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Funny how even this morning watching some obviously dangerous activities on Beaver we still brushed it off with a laugh. See the same thing tomorrow it will be with new eyes.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
This is NOT neat, prayers to all involved. To everyone else, please be careful on the ice DON'T be the next one!!;:;badidea

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
My buddy knew both guys real well. He sent me a text on this, this morning.
Sad deal, prayers sent

Tim Sandstrom

Founding Member
Founding Member
The 2016 Rooster Run tournament was cancelled. Notifications went out Wednesday, Feb

- - - Updated - - -

The 2016 Rooster Run tournament was cancelled. Notifications went out Wednesday, Feb 17.

Matt and I did not feel comfortable about the ice conditions after we put on 40 plus miles by ice with ATVs over Presidents Day. There were just too many extra ordinary poor ice areas. If reports are true the tragedy yesterday occurred at one of them we found by extensive drilling in front of ATV.

Terrible news. Hopefully time will ease the loss to family and friends.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yes terrible news to say the least, Thoughts and Prayers for all involved. Tim S, The only positive thing possible that can ever come from situations like this is educating people. Was the spot on top of shallow structure that might have caused current or anything that would indicate why it would be thinner at that spot or was there no rhyme or reason ? reason I'm asking is the guys that dropped through Metigoshe a few years ago had driven all around the lake that day and the spot they fell through "should" have been no different ,

Last edited:

Riggen&Jiggen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not sure where they went through but what I seen yesterday is that you should get to deep water and stay there while traveling. The ice that is over shallow long points or sunken islands is suspect. If I did not have GPS that showed the structure I would not go on the ice anymore. Stay away from pressure ridges and shallow water. With that being said still travel slow. One benefit of not having snow on the ice you usually can look at the cracks in the ice to see how thick it is. Even after all of this there is still no guarantees. A person should wear a life jacket, have rope and ice pics on him if your going to go on the ice and don't travel alone.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 91
  • This month: 90
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 77
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 71
  • This month: 71
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 60