Coyote fun!

ndbwhunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Any idea what they use for guns to do this? Can't image using a scoped rifle would be easy. I've seen others that use a shotgun, but it seems like these guys were further away.

Wild and Free

Founding Member
Founding Member
Any idea what they use for guns to do this? Can't image using a scoped rifle would be easy. I've seen others that use a shotgun, but it seems like these guys were further away.
I was wondering the same thing, was definitely a rifle he was using, pretty good shooting at a fast moving target from above in another fast and not so smooth ride and hitting so close even the times he missed was impressive.

Wild and Free

Founding Member
Founding Member
From the sound in the video it was bolt action, one could hear the action after each shot, was definitely not a semi auto.

Wild and Free

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't know, after watching it a few more times when he misses a few times it definitely looks like rifle shots hitting the dirt, from that distance it would be more apparent if it was a shot gun. I know most airplane shooters that do predator control do use shot guns but it looks more rifle like to me in this video. Just my opinion but may be wrong.

Last edited:

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would vote shotgun as rifles tend to ricochet more than lead pellets which would put livestock as well as the aircraft and personnel at risk. Also, if you look at the dust clouds, they are much bigger than what I would expect to see from a single projectile.

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
I got it to work now that I have some decent Internet. That looks like fun. I would have to go with a shotgun or that guy is really good.

Journey

Founding Member
Founding Member
Definitely shotgun looking at dust getting kicked up. What a blast.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 113
  • This month: 104
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 69