Mountain Lion Meeting in Fargo tonight, who's going?

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
NDGF Meeting is at 7:00 at the Holiday Inn. I think I'll go if Mrs. Slim isn't working late. Anybody else?

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
The NDGF holding Mt Lion meetings in fargo. Haha their tactics are so transparent it is amazing.

sweeney

Founding Member
Founding Member
cougars
images

Fly Carpin

Founding Member
Founding Member
There was one in Bismarck last night and another in Killdeer tomorrow

- - - Updated - - -

The NDGF holding Mt Lion meetings in fargo. Haha their tactics are so transparent it is amazing.
There was one in Bismarck last night and another tomorrow night in Killdeer

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
Did anyone attend the Bismarck one? I'm having a hard time justifying these as a reasonable expense.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ok then, guess I'll be there alone. I'm hoping to ask them about the trailers full of mountain lions they released out west years ago.

You

Founding Member
Founding Member
be sure to let ms tucker know the majority of nd outdoorspoeople do not support a sustainable lion population

#unlikecoyoteslionseatmuledeer

the only thing I fear more than lions in my badlands are mush-kies in my lake

Last edited:

ShootnBlanks

Founding Member
Founding Member
I thought this was a joke...but yeah I think there is plenty of cougars in fargo. I've seen many driving by the Windbreak at night.

Buckmaster81

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ok then, guess I'll be there alone. I'm hoping to ask them about the trailers full of mountain lions they released out west years ago.

I will come to the meeting tonight if you promise to ask several questions regarding transporting and releasing mountain lions via stock trailer in ND while keeping a straight face!

Founding Member
Founding Member
Mountain lion meeting in Fargo..
Thats funny.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Long Tailed Coyotes. Deer Killin' Stock killin' NOT even close to an endangered species so we don't need to protect'em Long Tailed Coyotes.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just saw an ad on nodak angler from the NDGF regarding managing ND's mountain lion population. HHahahaha they cant manage deer that can be easily counted during this time of the year and they have the audacity to suggest they can manage a mountain lion population. I hope that this really shows everyone of the absolute BS that is being served from Bismarck.

badland mule

Founding Member
Founding Member
I went to the one in Bismarck last night. Stephanie Tucker is a very good speaker and I found her presentation to be informative.
Basically they are explaining what they know about the ND population based on examining the ones that have been killed and their own studys. Jeb Williams flat out said they are holding these meetings so it doesn't come as a total shock to the public when the quota is lowered.
The survival rate of the ones they had collard was 42%. Stephanie said that they need a survival rate of 70% to be sustainable. Be sure to ask what the total number of cats currently collared is (4). Also ask if she knows what the population of lions is (she said she doesn't know and doesn"t need to know to properly manage them because they can tell the trends of population by using the ages of the cats that are killed).
I also learned that they believe that the breeding area is small. At first they assumed that it was all of the badlands now they think it is just the badlands from grassy butte area to the lake including the killdeer mountains.
If I remember correctly they said 70% of their diet was mule deer and 9% was white tail with the remainder made up of small critters and other mountain lions and an occasional elk calf or beef calf.
They want a sustainable population of lions in ND and they believe that there is enough food for them to remain sustainable. Their only limiting factor is hunters, more specifically hunters with hounds. I would expect to see a reduced quota for hound hunters in the near future.

Zogman

Founding Member
Founding Member

Very good. In all seriousness please give us an update. Heard a NDG and F guy with the Big Redhead this AM. Joel was mostly obnoxious to some of the callers.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
They reduce the mule deer doe tags to ZERO to increase the mule deer populations and NOW the NDGF is going to try to further increase the mule deer populations by creating a sustainable mountain lion population who's diet is 70% mule deer???????????????

Anyone else see a problem with these INEPT INDIVIDUALS????????

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
I hope someone asks "If every mountain lion in ND were to die tomorrow, what would be the negative impact for the hunters and sportsmen of ND who pursue mule deer, white tail deer, elk, bighorn sheep, and antelope?" Followed by "What is the positive impact on ND hunters and sportsmen who pursue the same big game species by having mountain lions in ND?"

badland mule

Founding Member
Founding Member
They reduce the mule deer doe tags to ZERO to increase the mule deer populations and NOW the NDGF is going to try to further increase the mule deer populations by creating a sustainable mountain lion population who's diet is 70% mule deer???????????????

Anyone else see a problem with these INEPT INDIVIDUALS????????

I forgot to mention that Stephanie said that lions typically eat 1 deer a week. Jeb insisted that mule deer numbers were increasing throughout the badlands.
I would like to know if their method of estimating deer numbers in the lion breeding area differs from how they estimate deer numbers in the rest of the state.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 134
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 106
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 75