Coyote lottery?

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
You ever see people catch a tagged walleye? Even better if it's a money tag. What's the difference here? Now, I'm not a huge predator hunter but what's wrong with the idea other than saying its stupid and facepalm.

*disclaimer: I skimmed the article*

VDAWG

Founding Member
Founding Member
How about for every coyote a hunter brings in, the hunter is entered into a drawing for money. All coyotes that are turned in are sold, the profited funds that are generated go into the pot.

arrowdem

Founding Member
Founding Member
How about for every coyote a hunter brings in, the hunter is entered into a drawing for money. All coyotes that are turned in are sold, the profited funds that are generated go into the pot.

i doubt that the guys trapping and putting up furs for auction would be ok with giving up their yotes, but something along these lines would be good, the more you kill the more you are entered.. makes sense to me

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
1. Through the course of history, a bounty on coyotes has never, ever worked. In fact, it usually had the opposite effect.
2. If they think coyotes are a problem now, wait till they decide they might be worth a $1000 a piece.
3. Since when is the government in the business of species eradication through a lottery system?

It's not my state so they can do whatever they want but, I am 99.9% certain they will not get the results they want.

Last edited:

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
Food for thought: Coyote hunters already think there are too many people chasing yotes in North Dakota. Dogs are getting call shy early. Hanging up more often. When you slap money on the problem, it doesn't result in more dogs killed. It just means more people will go out of their way to do dumb 'chit to kill them.

Ya know what would actually be good for thinning the pack? If pelt prices went up again...

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
And by God we can not piss off the purist coyote callers. :)

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fair enough, thanks for the education fellas. Like I said, I don't chase them unless I'm already in the field after another species. I'd like to start seeing more fox and jack rabbits again. We seem to be past the point of a normal cycle between those species.

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
Someone with Chinese connections ought to start a rumor that ground up coyote penis bone soup is good for verality. Way, way better than rhinoceros horn!

Hell, it's a one-two conservation punch! we'd systematically reduce coyote hunters here AND bring black rhinos back from the brink of extinction.

BOOM. Million dollar idea.

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
Food for thought: Coyote hunters already think there are too many people chasing yotes in North Dakota. Dogs are getting call shy early. Hanging up more often. When you slap money on the problem, it doesn't result in more dogs killed. It just means more people will go out of their way to do dumb 'chit to kill them.

Ya know what would actually be good for thinning the pack? If pelt prices went up again...

Okay, if a coyote is worth $75 for it's pelt people will hunt them and manage their population..........

but if a coyote is worth $35 for it's pelt and $40 for a bounty (Antler math says that is $75) they will suddenly not hunt them ?? ;:;banghead

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
Okay, if a coyote is worth $75 for it's pelt people will hunt them and manage their population..........

but if a coyote is worth $35 for it's pelt and $40 for a bounty (Antler math says that is $75) they will suddenly not hunt them ?? ;:;banghead

Dude...GST...you're going to have an aneurism if you keep betting your head against the wall like that. Didn't you read my other post?? Coyote penis bone is the next big Chinese remedy for ED!! No guff!! Go tell all your buddies. We're getting a thing started here and it's going to be BIG.

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
be positive gst. not everything needs to be a battle.

Apparently missed the :)?? ;):;::;:thumbsup:;:chillpill:;:sorry

- - - Updated - - -

Mr. 100, just amused by the logic that somehow one from of monies will create a different end result than another form of monies............no big deal, just my smile for the morning, thanks.

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
Apparently missed the :)?? ;):;::;:thumbsup:;:chillpill:;:sorry

- - - Updated - - -

Mr. 100, just amused by the logic that somehow one from of monies will create a different end result than another form of monies............no big deal, just my smile for the morning, thanks.

GST, say it with me: Coyote penis bone soup. Or, if that's not PC enough, coyote "lower horn" soup.

Want to invest in my little black market deal?? Have your people contact my people.

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
Dude...GST...you're going to have an aneurism if you keep betting your head against the wall like that. Didn't you read my other post?? Coyote penis bone is the next big Chinese remedy for ED!! No guff!! Go tell all your buddies. We're getting a thing started here and it's going to be BIG.

I would be a little leary pushing this, most people can not tell the difference between a coyote penis bone and a different penis bone once they are ground up ..........what if your wife takes a hard liking to that new pair of shoes?

- - - Updated - - -

GST, say it with me: Coyote penis bone soup. Or, if that's not PC enough, coyote "lower horn" soup.

Want to invest in my little black market deal?? Have your people contact my people.

Naw, you are a little too particular in how you come across your penises.

- - - Updated - - -

So will your bottle say "ethically taken"?

JMF

Founding Member
Founding Member

The biggest hurdle with any bounty is proving where the coyotes come from. I would love to add an extra $40 onto the amount I sell my coyotes for. However, I certainly don't want my tax dollars paying the bounty on coyotes from all across the country.

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
That is what happened in Sask just across the line a few years ago. More than a couple Man. coyotes got sold in Sask.

Bounties work, history showed that back in the day when their were bounties on wolves, coyotes, mt. lions skunks ect... they were hunted to a point of extinction in some areas.

The reason they are ineffective now is what JMF mentions. Ears or paws come in from all over.....the monies are gone before coyotes here in the state are controlled.

Not much difference between Mt. coyote ears and ND coyote ears.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 104
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76