• yes

Votes: 9 16.4%
  • no

Votes: 46 83.6%

• Total voters

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I will include sodak as we also have a mountain lion problem.

huntorride365

Founding Member
Founding Member
When you no longer have them killing pets, hanging out by residence, and showing up at job sights, you can start discussing sustainability. Until then, there's too many.

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Wow, so you guys have a problem there too. So what do you guys do? Is there a season or just buy a tag and shoot one, or?

I have one on the back porch 2-3 times a week. If it was daytime he'd be a done cat.

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
Back when deer populations were much higher so where the mountain lion numbers. I think their numbers have declined with the deer numbers. Im not really convinced they are causing to much of a problem any longer. All the oil activity out west could have been another reason we were seeing so many further to the east. I think its kinda cool to have a few around.

It seemed a few years ago everybody had a mountain lion story. Doesnt seem to be the case anylonger.

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wow, so you guys have a problem there too. So what do you guys do? Is there a season or just buy a tag and shoot one, or?

I have one on the back porch 2-3 times a week. If it was daytime he'd be a done cat.

there is a season. state is divded int 2 zones until a quota is met. anyone with furbearers can hunt I believe? someone correct me if I am wrong. the season is usually closed very quickly when the guys with dogs get the chance at em after deer season.

talked to a few ranchers and they all fell theres too many in western ND.

wildeyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
my thoughts on this is the lion population is still at numbers but people have got complacent about them.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Please see my previous posts concerning my opposition to having a lion population in ND or someone can cut and paste them here. I'm tired of talking to closed minded individuals that ignore science, data, and facts in preference to emotions and politics. Thanks!!!!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75