Single Slider Bow Sight

FishSticks

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am fairly sure I will be buying a new sight tonight for my bow. Right now I have a 5 pin and dislike all the clutter and have never really shot it with confidence past 40 yards (even after lots of practice). Therefore the single slider system is very appealing to me. Anyone here have one?

H82bogey

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yes, I have had both the HHA slider and the one with the wheel. I love both. The biggest difference I see with the wheel is I can dial it in a little more accurate. The sight tape has individual dashes for yardage, vs the slider which has 5 yard increments. Both are great sights and will change your life forever. I do recommend getting the .019dia pin, and get one that has a sight hood(allows you to adjust the brightness of the pin)

duckman1302

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sliders are great if you usually have time with the deer in front of you. They do take a little longer than a 5 pin something because after you range the animal you have to then turn the dial to your range. IMO they are great for a blind or a stand, but when spot and stalking sometimes those couple seconds can be crucial.

NPO_Aaron

Founding Member
Founding Member
I also shoot the HHA slider sight. I love it, my bow isn't extremely fast, but I still have confidence to 80.

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
I got a hha slider a couple years ago and am happy with the open view. Unfortunately I haven't put as much time into shooting but am dialed in to 35yrds and have more confidence in it

Founding Member
Founding Member
HHA is a great company. Been shooting them for 20 yrs, love my optimizer.

Bowhunter_24

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've been kicking tires on a single pin for a couple years now. I think I may get one soon. My only hold up is elk hunting. But every elk I've arrowed has been close range. So I figure leave at 30 yards and do work on screaming Bulls!

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yea if you leave it at around 35 on todays fast bows your pretty darn good from 0-50 without taking it off the vitals. A little high on the lungs on far shots and on the heart area in close. And most of the time if they are way out there you have time to range them and adjust your site. And for treestands and blinds they are a no brainer with all of that fiber optics working for you.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had my previous bow for 25 years, shot with finger tabs, and used red and black flannel camo. I just learned how to use a release, got a bow that shoots faster than 120 feet per minute, and NOW you guys say I need a single pin that twists??? I can only handle so much change. (Need icon for brain melt)

ndbwhunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Won't shoot anything else. Recently picked up the Spot Hog tommy hog with the dual vertical pins. It's a little heavier than the HHA that I was using, but I like it a lot.

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
I basically set mine at 25yds and leave it when in my blind. if they are 15yds I'm a touch high and at 35yds I'm a little low this is on a Mathews hyperlite and beman hidden insert arrows (little heavier but hit hard) and 100gr thunder heads. My need for single pin came on my first bow buck a few years ago (5x5) and he was 15yds from my blind and moving a lot getting skittish, all the pins started to blend and blur so I shot on instinct telling myself top green pin. Everything worked out with a perfect shot but I learned how easy it can be to get the wrong pin when in close quarters and the value of target practice.
Which reminds me I got a 5pin truglo sight for cheap if anyone needs one.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bought an HHA from 5575 a few years ago and used it one season. I liked it a lot up until some a-hole stole my bow. I went to a spot hogg again and I'm not really sure why.

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
Have always shot HHA sliders for 20 years like 5575. My two older boys started in archery with HHA sliders. They got older and got new bows fancy new 17 pins sites (exaggeration) Dad told them to put their old HHA's on.............Dad doesn;t know crap...........a year later both have HHA sliders on.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
5575 what sight from HHA would you recommend? They have alot of options. I currently run a 7 pin spott hogg on my matthews dxt. I have been toying with the notion of buying a new hoyt and am interested in a one pin slider sight.

FishSticks

Founding Member
Founding Member
bought one last night and am excited to range in the 20 yard setting tonight. Not entirely sure where/when I will figure out the 60 yard but forecast looks nice enough for the weekend.

The setup makes me slightly nervous but I was assured by others that it will not be too bad. I can already tell it will be a smart move making the switch to a single pin from my 5 pin.

labhunter66

Founding Member
Founding Member
I see you already bought one but another good option would have been a Montana Black Gold Ascent Verdit 3-pin. Not as much clutter as a 5 pin but still gives you those couple extra pins for situations where you might not have time to get a range and dial up a yardage.

Founding Member
Founding Member
5575 what sight from HHA would you recommend? They have alot of options. I currently run a 7 pin spott hogg on my matthews dxt. I have been toying with the notion of buying a new hoyt and am interested in a one pin slider sight.

Just depends on what you are looking for and what you want to spend really. Myself the optimizer ultra works just fine, I'm sure the king pin is nice. But both have some weight on them. A lite series works just fine as well and less weight.

I'd really like to try an option by Trophy taker, best of both worlds but pretty darn $$$

tman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Quick question on the single pin once u get to the stand and get it set to your desired yardage( for me it would be 25 and I should be good for anything to 35 possibly 40) do you have to tighten the knob all the way down or can you leave it loose in case one walks out at 50 for quick adjustment eliminte loosening the knob before being able to adjust?

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
I really can't advise one 1-pin over another but I will plug Spott Hogg's customer service as being second to none. Last year, I sent in my 7 pin to get all new pins and FO cable. Cost me $10 plus shipping and I had it back within about a week of shipping it.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 167
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 77