Favorite season to chase walleyes?

JoGa

Founding Member
Founding Member
What time of the year do you enjoy going after walleye the most? I know that all seasons are fun, but I think spring is my personal favorite. How about you?

camoman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Post spawn. Late May/Early June, no doubt. Fish are still shallow enough to get to from shore and when you find them you FIND them. Love pitching cranks to hungry eyes!

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sak - Oahe --- July, August Devils Lake ------ I am beginning to like sept and Oct too. All the ramps are empty and with our weather ---those three months brings out the most consistent bite. Worst season is now -- look at that rain today and look at the month ahead forecast --- blah -- -cold and rainy no thanks.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ice season, love the hard water. All the biggest fish I have caught have come through a 10 inch hole

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
April/may - love fishing the spawn.

june on dl or the smaller sloughs when pitching plastics/cranks is a close second.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
June! Love me some 'Hook' in June.
Fishing is hot in early July on Devils Lake, leeches are the biggest of the year and sand flies are tolerable to deal with. I guy can catch 50+ eye off the shores next to the bridges. EASY

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Right the hell now. I mean right now. There are never enough days like this in a year to suit me. Perfect weather. Hit it now or you'll have to wait until September or so. One of my best days ever in numbers was at Darling the week of Halloween. That was way back there in ought two, I believe there sonny. My lord I love to fish in this kind of weather (what's over Minot now).

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
Soft Water. Hard water is for Perch.

Unless I'm somewhere special like LOW or Winnipeg I'm all about catching perch on the hard water as well.

My favorite soft water walleye season is in the spring for sure, as the summers and falls are dedicated to the Musky.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Any time I can get out. Thats the time that I target walleyes. When hard water season comes around, I like to target more species, especially perch. Nothing better out of the frying pan.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75