Red River

bigcatpike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Is there any fishable open water anywhere on the Red in Fargo yet? Thanks

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Those pigs should be bitin in whap by this weekend.

dwos03

Founding Member
Founding Member
I can't say for Fargo, but north of Grand Forks the ice looked pretty solid yet the other day. That could change in a hurry though..

FishSticks

Founding Member
Founding Member
I ran by the north dam and it is wide open, have yet to see anyone fishing it so far this year though

Walleye_Chaser

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah I've fished the dam in Fargo. Not a thing. I've tried the early spring bite and have never had luck with the eyes, not sure why, probably too cold. Wags, what water temp do you start venturing down there?

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
Im far from an expert. The river usually offers up a healthy serving of humble pie for me too but i dont bother til its north of 40 degrees.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Im far from an expert. The river usually offers up a healthy serving of humble pie for me too but i dont bother til its north of 40 degrees.

There is nothing easy about fishing that river especially when the dams were redone during the floods. I have fished that river alot though in the fargo area. I always start in whapeton and move north as the waters recede. The fishing is never fast and furious but you can limit out on nice sunny days if you stick it out.

FishSticks

Founding Member
Founding Member
Spring fishing on the mighty Red will usually clean out my tackle box. The fishing can be great but I have yet to find any bigger eyes; usually pitching jigheads and a minnow or twistertail

arrowdem

Founding Member
Founding Member
that is why i will be making my own this spring.. sick of losing all of the expensive jigs, the way me and my buddy go through jigs in the spring we will have all of the jig making stuff we bought paid off in no time!

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a friend who used to joke that we should head down to the red after class, throw our tackle boxes into the river, and head to the bar haha. The number of snags in that river is a real munson.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I hear if you eat a bunch of fish out of that baby, you will develop a third testicle, and a keen sense of bewilderment.

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
I hear if you eat a bunch of fish out of that baby, you will develop a third testicle, and a keen sense of bewilderment.

You can wow, and amaze the opposite sex with your Jackson Pollock like abilities.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 119
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 96
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 71