Arrow Rest Recommendations

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm picking up a bow, been out of the game for several years. I have a whisper biscuit but want to try something new. Maybe a drop away? Here's the characteristics I'm looking for in an arrow rest:

Reliable
Durable
Accurate
Suitable for spot and stalk (keeps arrow captive)

Thanks!

labhunter66

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm picking up a bow, been out of the game for several years. I have a whisper biscuit but want to try something new. Maybe a drop away? Here's the characteristics I'm looking for in an arrow rest:

Reliable
Durable
Accurate
Suitable for spot and stalk (keeps arrow captive)

Thanks!

What don't you like about a whisker biscuit? Nothing will be as durable, reliable, or suitable for spot and stalk. Some talk about a lack of accuracy or loss of arrow speed with them but all the actual test data I've seen shows no significant loss of either.

arrowdem

Founding Member
Founding Member
What don't you like about a whisker biscuit? Nothing will be as durable, reliable, or suitable for spot and stalk. Some talk about a lack of accuracy or loss of arrow speed with them but all the actual test data I've seen shows no significant loss of either.

there are a lot of things that come into play when you have constant contact with your arrow after you release, the slightest movement from your bow while still in that whiskey biscuit is going to throw the trajectory, fall away when you release and that arrow rest drops away and nothing is touching that arrow less to screw up the trajectory... and i have shot and put QAD rests on a majority of the bows i put together when i worked at scheels and never had one come back or anyone complain about them, i think a lot of rests out there are good rests thats just the one i have run and if it aint broke im not gonna fix it..

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a Hoyt Carbon Spyder 30 ZT coming my way. Not sure if I'll sell it or hunt with it. It's a dream bow but I have a 30" draw so a 30" ATA is not ideal for my height.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
What keeps people from being bullish on the Schaffer Opposition? I haven't found any negatives with it yet. And it sure locks arrows in nicely for stalking. Just curious.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
What keeps people from being bullish on the Schaffer Opposition? I haven't found any negatives with it yet. And it sure locks arrows in nicely for stalking. Just curious.

It looks like voodoo. When watched in slo-mo, the arrow shaft appears to drop slightly as the arms of the rest move away.

dust in the wind

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have had no troubles with the trophy taker smackdown in spot and stalk situations. Been a good rest for me.

I'm also trying out the new hamskea hybrid hunter pro on one of my bows this year. So far I like that rest too.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
It looks like voodoo. When watched in slo-mo, the arrow shaft appears to drop slightly as the arms of the rest move away.

so in other words nothing is f'ing with the arrow once the release has been made? Great Scott!

my groups are tight

this is coming from a former state indoor champ (and 2nd place finish that same year to a drunk guy from Williston at the state broadhead at Buffalo Gap)

of coarse we were all using atlatls at the time so high tech rests weren't invented yet....;:;rofl

this is a robinhood from my Schaffer Opposition at 40 yds - if I recall correctly (been maybe 6 years since this pic and I'm old)

41351_1597970829509_1176110_n.jpg

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
so in other words nothing is f'ing with the arrow once the release has been made? Great Scott!

my groups are tight

this is coming from a former state indoor champ (and 2nd place finish that same year to a drunk guy from Williston at the state broadhead at Buffalo Gap)

of coarse we were all using atlatls at the time so high tech rests weren't invented yet....;:;rofl

this is a robinhood from my Schaffer Opposition at 40 yds - if I recall correctly (been maybe 6 years since this pic and I'm old)

41351_1597970829509_1176110_n.jpg
m
i want a group like that at 90. In fact, if you can't group like that at 90 in a crowded mall, you have no business carrying a bow.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 120
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76