FBI Goes Back to 9mm While Military?...

USMCDI

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nothing wrong with the M9, I own one and it will stop someone, seen it wipe a few guys out and more damage than a 5.56. I suppose those that suck with pistols want to change but they'll still suck.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
My only bitch with the M9 was the trigger. I used to cheat a lot by cocking the creepy SOB during qual. Got caught a few times and pissed off others by holding up the firing line for a de-cock. One range tool made us all wait while my spit thumbprint aimpoint on the target dried. Didn't matter, I could see where it was and continued normal to usual "baseball" hole at 25 because my pistol craft is exemplary. If it's not a 1911 then it should be DAO IMHO. The M9 is otherwise accurate and durable. I do find the Glock superior and hope the military adopts it. I also hope they re-establish the .45 as it's uniquely American and puts a large American hole in undesirable humans.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hks2G4Gwom0

Last edited:

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
The Army made the specs on the new pistol super rigid, limited the minimum and maximum capacities, measurements and capabilities to specifically exclude every known gun except the Sig P320. Beretta just released the prototype of their new striker fire. It looks awesome.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
AF carries pistols in Condition 1. One of the few things making sense in my later years.

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
My .45ACP is better than your 9mm :;:stirthepot . I like the Cabela's comment, I am suprised it takes that much money to figure out if a gun goes bang when needed. I have shot a Colt 1911 45acp, Glock 10mm and a few 40 and 9mm's. My personal preference is a 1911 style and really liked the 10mm performance but would be equally happy with 40 or 45. In the end all I want is a quality pistol for those that protect and serve us.

USMCDI

Founding Member
Founding Member
My only bitch with the M9 was the trigger. I used to cheat a lot by cocking the creepy SOB during qual. Got caught a few times and pissed off others by holding up the firing line for a de-cock. One range tool made us all wait while my spit thumbprint aimpoint on the target dried. Didn't matter, I could see where it was and continued normal to usual "baseball" hole at 25 because my pistol craft is exemplary. If it's not a 1911 then it should be DAO IMHO. The M9 is otherwise accurate and durable. I do find the Glock superior and hope the military adopts it. I also hope they re-establish the .45 as it's uniquely American and puts a large American hole in undesirable humans.

Agree the stock triggers are rough, we got pretty spoiled as Marine armorers could make those things like a jewell for matches.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I didn't know anything about the p320 so I had to google it and read some info on them.... now I want one.

P320: all the bland mediocrity of a Glock with the terrible bore axis height of a Sig. They're neat, but, come on... Glock. Just use a Glock.

ndfishin15

Founding Member
Founding Member
My main complaints on the M9 is the weight and the trigger. The trigger is fine once you get used to it but the Air Force doesn't get enough hands on to let most people master it. Usually the people who do well with the M9 fire pistols on their off time. And as far as weight goes there is no reason that a 9mm that only can carry 15 rounds should be that large and heavy.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
My main complaints on the M9 is the weight and the trigger. The trigger is fine once you get used to it but the Air Force doesn't get enough hands on to let most people master it. Usually the people who do well with the M9 fire pistols on their off time. And as far as weight goes there is no reason that a 9mm that only can carry 15 rounds should be that large and heavy.

Damn straight. M9 is awesome, and you nailed it.

ndfishin15

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have mixed feelings about the M9 from having to teach others how to shoot it. It does its job and is accurate and reliable but I feel there is better out there. Its hard to find a pistol that will fit well with everyone. Due to the long reach and trigger weight some small handed people have to use two fingers to fire on double action. Not ideal but it works and I have only seen it a couple times. Even the Glock is a love or hate pistol depending if you like the grip angle or not. As far as the bore axis height that is shooter preference that is easily overcome for the average shooter. I can see it come into play for more advanced shooters but I don't think it is much of an issue.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have mixed feelings about the M9 from having to teach others how to shoot it. It does its job and is accurate and reliable but I feel there is better out there. Its hard to find a pistol that will fit well with everyone. Due to the long reach and trigger weight some small handed people have to use two fingers to fire on double action. Not ideal but it works and I have only seen it a couple times. Even the Glock is a love or hate pistol depending if you like the grip angle or not. As far as the bore axis height that is shooter preference that is easily overcome for the average shooter. I can see it come into play for more advanced shooters but I don't think it is much of an issue.

There's a very easy fix for small-handed shooters using he M9: Get them off the battlefield and back in the kitchen to make me a sandwich.

Norske

Founding Member
Founding Member
FBI vs. military firearms

The mission of one is arresting fugitives, the mission of the other is killing enemies.

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
If I'm gonna be out there killing some enemies, hand me a Glock.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Finally took my Sig 9 out yesterday and shot it. Man that is a sweet little gun.

Joe

Founding Member
Founding Member
if I had a arsenal in front of me when shtf. I'm going 45, 44, 40, 357, some exotic caliber, 22, stone and a sling, sword, chain saw, baseball bat, tire iron,.............9mm.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 166
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76